It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mystery" Body recovered from River in Vicksburg Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is kind of a strange story...A body, initially thought to be HUMAN, was recovered out of the Big Black River in Vicksburg Mississippi last week. An autopsy revealed it not to be human.

It may turn out to be nothing, but still no positive ID on the creature. It seems to be creating quite the buzz as to what it may be...

Last Monday, February 16, 2009, an unidentified body was found in the Big Black River near U.S. 80, outside of Vicksburg, Mississippi.

It was believed to be human (in conjunction with the search for a missing man). But then, as the autopsy on the body began on February 17th, it was determined it was not human. The Vicksburg Post reported it was an “unidentified animal.”

The finding was announced by the Mississippi State Crime Lab in Jackson, but they didn’t mention what kind of animal it was.

“It is not human,” Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said. “I repeat, it is not human.”

Warren County Coroner Doug Huskey, standing in for the Hinds coroner, had said immediately on February 16th that he could identify nothing from the remains.

The body was found by a father and son looking through scopes on rifles on U.S. 80 just east of Warren-Hinds county line at about 3 pm on the afternoon of February 16.

Full story:

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Have any pictures been released?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In reading the full article, it mentions someone from the Vicksburg paper says it's a badly decomposed black bear. I guess we won't know exactly what it was until there's an update.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reminds me of something from he Dresden Files books. A character in them describes some corpses as "human like but human."

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
In reading the full article, it mentions someone from the Vicksburg paper says it's a badly decomposed black bear. I guess we won't know exactly what it was until there's an update.

Exactly. And I bet there will be some major uproar and it will be nowt but a black bear, albeit badly decomposed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
bigfoot its got to be bigfoot.

oh wait hes hiding it them rednecks freezer

strange that they cudnt have identified the dna there and then if they cud tell it wasnt human

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by batch

Who knows what the heck it is. And I'm surprised with all the hoopla this has created in the area that they didn't just run a DNA test and silence the speculation...As other's have said, it may turn out to be nothing more than a decomposed bear, but what the heck is taking them so long to ID it?

It would be interesting to get an account from the father and son who discovered it and viewed it through their scopes, they obviously thought it might be a human?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I worked at a custom butcher shop growing up and we would do 4-5 bears a year. The owner said they were just like humans but i never got further into the disucussion than that. So a rotten bear wouldn't be a stretch.

mikell

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You would think that examining the skull alone would be enough to say that it wasn't human from the get-go. But maybe it was THAT badly decomposed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yeh i never thaught about that
the skull must give it away
this is either something strange they dont wana say wat it is
there tryin cum up with a convincin cover story
or there just a crap bunch of doctors doin the autopsy

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
my instictive thought would be if it was deemed by the sherrif as "it is not human, i repeat Not human," as opposed to a concern that it wasn't the missing man that expresses his concern with what it actually is. and again I am quite positive that a doctor and even if need be a vetinary doctor would have enough of an idea of anatomy to determine what type of animal it was if it was in fact it was a decomposed black bear rather than saying it is an unidentifiable animal. big foot nah, mutated bear with human qualities possibly, creature from beyond this realm not likely, evolved sub terranean bear like creature more likely than not, that was flushed out of his hibernation den under neath the water by a soil collapse.

out there I know. but instinctively they are my thoughts

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Depending on how decayed it was, there may not have been a skull to look at, or paws for that matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it takes a while sometimes for DNA to be completed. Maybe they just havent recieved results back yet? iteresting that they mistook it for human at first. Must have been pretty decomposed..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You can guarantee we'll be told its a bear, regardless of what it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Very interesting article with some open ended possiblities. Thanks to the origional poster for starting this thread. Either he or someone else will have to keep us updated on what the Coroner discovers the body to be, whether a bear, bigfoot, or some other creature/animal.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i'm guessing there are no updates on this.
Kind of got the vibe there wouldn't be when I read the article.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
You can guarantee we'll be told its a bear, regardless of what it is.

Probably, but it still doesn't rule out that it really is a bear. Which I think it is.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
bears are commonly mistaken for sasquatches. but i agree with whoever said that no matter wat it is it will be called a bear. it could be a real bear, considering that it would be more reasonable to find one there than to find a sasquatch in the area

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
it is more then likely a decomposed bear, the fact that they could link it to a missing person and the possibility of it being that, and then all of the sudden "oh it looks like its human, but its not" was just convienient to the propaganda.

boom conclusion jump, boom, bigfoot population, boom, tourism, boom, profits.

join