It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baxter Sent Bird Flu Virus to European Labs by Error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

By Michelle Fay Cortez and Jason Gale Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Baxter International Inc. in Austria unintentionally contaminated samples with the bird flu virus that were used in laboratories in three neighboring countries, raising concern about the potential spread of the deadly disease. The contamination was discovered when ferrets at a laboratory in the Czech Republic died after being inoculated with vaccine made from the samples early this month. The material came from Deerfield, Illinois-based Baxter, which reported the incident to the Austrian Ministry of Health, Sigrid Rosenberger, a ministry spokeswoman, said today in a telephone interview. “This was infected with a bird flu virus,” Rosenberger said. “There were some people from the company who handled it.”

Baxter sent bird flu virus to Europe

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Very intelligent way to start a pandemic.

I wonder how many other tainted samples got through?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here's a google news thread on this story:

Officials investigate how bird flu viruses were sent to unsuspecting labs

I found this story at the Mike Ruppert Blog site and am surprised to see a quiet thread about it here. As the poster before says, this is a very clever way to create a mutation "by accident".

Here's Mike Ruppert's comment about it:

REALLY BAD #ING NEWS -- There is one story that really stuck out today. It seems that someone at Baxter Pharmaceuticals "accidentally" mixed H5N1 bird flu with a human virus into one vaccine and sent it off to Eastern Europe where it was injected into humans. For those who have been with me a long time you know what kind of investigative journalism we did on biowarfare and how it would be used to reduce population eventually. You know how well we documented the relentless quest for gene-specific bioweapons. Well, the only thing that was saving us from H5N1 bird flu was that it was generally considered not transmittable to humans. (Of course we known that it already has been on a small scale.) But here's a pharmaceutical company that we have written about at FTW (I think also in Rubicon) that's accomplished what nature couldn't. This story has zero credibility for how the screw up occurred because even the most basic lab protocols would prevent it. Combine DNA from H5N1 with a human viral DNA, inject into a human, and then watch the perfect mutation take place... The mother of all superbugs. I don't have time to rewrite what I have already written. In fact none of us have time to slow down for those who don't get it or who slow us down. (Combat veterans know this attitude very well.) Go to Rubicon and go to FTW and search for biowarfare or Baxter.

For about seven years now I have warned that an event like this would confirm that the die-off was planned... and underway. This sounds like a starting bell. Combine what we know about events in eastern Europe and this makes very sick sense. I don't think the elites will be able to control this anymore than they can fully control the collapse; or than Warren Buffet could control getting his clock cleaned... But then again, Buffet may be screaming louder than he's actually hurt.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by uknumpty]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I agree, ie....the quiet thread. I started this thread a few days ahead of another here, but that thread because of the title....OMG........took the spotlight, lol, go figure.

I think from now on I will sensationalize the headline of new threads also instead of making it relevant to the actual article. Thank you for posting though.....very good info.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Pretty sad of atsers to ignore a thread like this. This is exactly the type of subject matter that needs to be exposed. Seems the people on this site are more interested in UFOs than big pharma trying to start flu pandemics.

This subject is kind of being addressed in another thread but the title is about Alex Jones predicting a flu false flag type event. I think AJ does good things but putting his name in the title of a thread instantly gets the paid blogger dis info tools to just raid it with criticisms of Alex while distracting everyone from the actual story and that is that this really happened.

Well on to the subject at hand here is a Toronto Sun article about the same incident just to further strengthen this thread. I have a feeling it will still disappear though and ats will again be back to debating when Nibiru will arrive.

Toronto Sun: Baxter vaccine contained LIVE bird flu

The company that released contaminated flu virus material from a plant in Austria confirmed Friday that the experimental product contained live H5N1 avian flu viruses. And an official of the World Health Organization’s European operation said the body is closely monitoring the investigation into the events that took place at Baxter International’s research facility in Orth-Donau, Austria. “At this juncture we are confident in saying that public health and occupational risk is minimal at present,” medical officer Roberta Andraghetti said from Copenhagen, Denmark. “But what remains unanswered are the circumstances surrounding the incident in the Baxter facility in Orth-Donau.” The contaminated product, a mix of H3N2 seasonal flu viruses and unlabelled H5N1 viruses, was supplied to an Austrian research company. The Austrian firm, Avir Green Hills Biotechnology, then sent portions of it to sub-contractors in the Czech Republic, Slovenia and Germany. The contamination incident, which is being investigated by the four European countries, came to light when the subcontractor in the Czech Republic inoculated ferrets with the product and they died. Ferrets shouldn’t die from exposure to human H3N2 flu viruses. Public health authorities concerned about what has been described as a “serious error” on Baxter’s part have assumed the death of the ferrets meant the H5N1 virus in the product was live. But the company, Baxter International Inc., has been parsimonious about the amount of information it has released about the event. On Friday, the company’s director of global bioscience communications confirmed what scientists have suspected. “It was live,” Christopher Bona said in an email.

Thanks for starting a good thread. Star'd and flagged

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What is up with Baxter? Are monkeys running the company. Last year is was the Heparin recall now they are accidentally sending out the bird influenza.

I use a lot of their products for work, constant stuff like this makes me think twice about using this company in the future.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sorry to laugh at this story ... But did you notice such a ridiculous explanation from the company?

Baxter hasn’t shed much light — at least not publicly — on how the accident happened. Earlier this week Bona called the mistake the result of a combination of “just the process itself, (and) technical and human error in this procedure.”

He said he couldn’t reveal more information because it would give away proprietary information about Baxter’s production process.

# your proprietary processes ; break down the door and secure that stuff. These large corporations need to punished severely for this level of mistake. Am I the only one that noticed? Over reacting?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I agree, proprietary BS is what they are saying. There is no reason, no excuse that the mix up should have happened. Just the fact of the combination would be the PERFECT catalyst for a mutation between H5N1 and more common flu that is already airborne and communicable between humans would make one think that H5N1 would be dealt with in another clean room entirely where this should never and could never happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hang on to your hats, this is not an accident! This will eventually happen if they want it to. I wouldn't be surprised if this story later changes from close call to major screw up. The fact they would guinea pig fellow lab workers for mutation hosts is beyond disturbing! This should be punished as harshly as an attempted murder. Even if this could possibly be accepted as an error, the gross incompetence alone should be severely punishable? This could kill millions within months! No excuse is acceptable for something so important. These two viruses should never be in the same Zip Code, let alone the same package? People must stop tolerating lies and excuses! Where will we ever draw the line on these peoples mishaps? The costs are becoming ridiculous!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I guess this was, or should i say is, the next logical step in "there" plans. Flu Mist and other products were laced with non-harmful chemicals, but when these chemicals were combined if made bird flu able to spread from human to human easy. I belive that there were 2 out of the 3 chemicals needed to contract H5N1 in the Mist/Tamiflu shots; ours bodies can produce the third, only making two saves money - even the NWO fall victim to the credit crunch
(J/K) Now A LOT of people have taken these vaccines/pills, mainly the U.S.A. and some Eastern European countries. So those two are much more susceptible to becoming infected and becoming the starting block for human-to-human transfer. Both are highly populated so it would take out a big block of people very fast.

Fox

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
I agree, ie....the quiet thread. I started this thread a few days ahead of another here, but that thread because of the title....OMG........took the spotlight, lol, go figure.

I think from now on I will sensationalize the headline of new threads also instead of making it relevant to the actual article. Thank you for posting though.....very good info.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by nonnez]

in my opinion it was done on purpose as bird flu has fizzled out..they are trying to make money from the defunct tamiflu vaccine.

rumsfield started the hoax about bird flu to profit from his stock in tamiflu.

he has made a whopping $45 million profit already using his planted stooge "experts" to spread fear and panic.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by esecallum]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow I was unaware of that. I will have to check that out. Interesting how tangled the webs that they weave can get and almost always for money. They have always said that money is the root of all evil, well I don't know about all.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow i am suprised this thread isnt bigger but oh well.

I actually think it was an accident by Baxter terms, in that i mean i think it could of been a irate/madman employee, i find it quite strange how only Canadian press has reported on it aswell.

Remember it still has to develop into an air virus to actually cause a pandemic, and remember pandemics have and will happen always.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Accidents do not happen, If this was meant to get out, it would not have been detected.
Every man has his price and any lab technitian would be able to be paid off if this was meant to happen.
This was just to get the conspiracy people talking about Virus warefare and take the attention off what is going on else where.

Don't forget to keep watching the magician and try to ignore the pretty assistant, because she will always draw your attention far away from what is being done right in front of you.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Concept X
Wow i am suprised this thread isnt bigger but oh well.

I actually think it was an accident by Baxter terms, in that i mean i think it could of been a irate/madman employee, i find it quite strange how only Canadian press has reported on it aswell.

Remember it still has to develop into an air virus to actually cause a pandemic, and remember pandemics have and will happen always.

Accident 18 times?

they have to have level 2 bio isolation procedures.

the swine flu scam that just started may be related to this...another "vaccine" will be made shortly to be injected into people. like the stooges they are

zero coverage in mainstream media.stooges.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Yes....I would say very related. Funny how the labs can....oops .....have an error, human error or otherwise. One would think that these labs would have better safeguards than what appears to be in place!

Swine flu may be human error; WHO investigates claim.

I know the above was posted on another thread already, but I feel it fits the scope of this thread also.

join