It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are those the twin towers of WTC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I do not live in the US an and i am not all that familiar with the landscape of Hudson river.
Any comments on this vids claims?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I live in NY...

The Towers are no longer there....TRUST ME.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by distortion9
I live in NY...

The Towers are no longer there....TRUST ME.

Yes i agree but have you bothered watching the vid?

What if this is a pre 911 recording?

I know this is a poorly described thread but i think it is still pretty straight forward. ( if you have watched the video)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I automatically discount any video that somebody has taken the trouble to add a musical accompaniment to as being a hoax. If you have evidence to present, there is no reason for elaborate production. Elaborate production means somebody has messed with the evidence one way or another.

[edit on 2-15-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
cool vid.

my theory ... and most plausable explination is that its not the twin towers.

all over the world, in many citys.. towers are built in pairs.. the WTC towers were not unique in being the only identical pair of towers in the world..

also.. werent the WTC towers the tallest buildings in the world? they look big, but deffo not record setting ..

(just my 2 cents )

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes....I watched the video several times.

IMHO...it's an authentic CCTV recording of the plane landing in the Hudson on the date shown. The buildings in the background ARE NOT the WTC buildings. The WTC buildings were destroyed in 01 by terrorists (not the government). What you are seeing IS NOT "Ghost towers"....trust me again. Please. Trust me. They are NOT GHOST TOWERS!

First of all

The Twin Towers were MUCH taller than that.

What you are seeing is 1 of 3 things

1. Two buildings of similar height that appear to be the same height because of the angle of the camera.

2. Two much shorter buildings that are the same height.

3. ONE single building with a narrow tower or stack in front of it that gives the illusion of two separate buildings.

And now the great Kreskin will attempt to view the future.

1. All logic will be thrown out the window and this post will be ignored.

2. This thread will go 80 pages of "OMG....GHOST TOWERS!!!" "I KNEW it was the GOVERNMENT" "I SEE BUSH ON THE WING!!!!" Etc...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK

I do not live in the US an and i am not all that familiar with the landscape of Hudson river.
Any comments on this vids claims?

Almost 4 minutes of my life gone there with nothing in return.

Aside from the fact that the camera is on the NY City side of the Hudson and is looking at New Jersey, I suppose you have a case that the entire world is dumb as a fence post to think this is pre-9/11.

The time stamp looks bogus.

The aircraft flew in from the left and them when it was zoomed it the nose was pointing away from the camera, which is what the actual zoomed in footage from real CCTV tape showed.

I don't' know if you are responsible fro this POS, but if you fell for it, you deserved to.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I live in NJ.
No, thats not the WTC, and whomever made that vid obviously isn't familiar with NY. Those are two different structures, located in a different part of the city, and not nearly as tall. I, too, have noticed the similarities, but it is not miraculous at all. I believe they are called the Warner towers?

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Klemperer]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
NOT the Twin Towers!
Native here. To assume those are the Twin Towers
is a reflection on how well you know the city. The
Twin Towers rose higher than all of those buildings.
There are evn 2 other buildings in this shot that appear
to be the same size of the buildings you are referring to
as the WTC.

The answer is simply NO.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

I work in Jersey City right across from Manhattan. Those towers are about half the height of the WTC towers and are located about 5 miles north of the WTC site.

They are the Time Warner towers.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I need to express a big thanks to everybody for clearing things up!

THANK YOU !!! again.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Compare the real twin towers.

You know what I am saying?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The twin buildings is the Time Warner Center:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I like the way some people can turn fact into fiction so easily, these towers are real that footage is real, i wonder how much other footage in various areas is debunked because people dont know what they're on about but make it sound like they know the lot.
Nice find, and for the record at first glance i though they were the TT too

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have never been to NYC, but I have seen pics of the WTC from before September 2001, and doesn't one of the towers have a spire on top? And is a huge bit taller?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've never been to new York in my life yet at first glance I knew they weren't the twin towers. New York City has the most photographed skyline in America, I believe, and even never having been there, there are a number of buildings I could identify by picture alone, as could alot of people in America, and even world wide.

The twin towers, before the completion of the Sears Tower in Chicago, were the tallest buildings in the world, and are VERY distinctive in their appearance, despite the seeming simplicity of design. They really did tower over the new york skyline, not just slightly pop out from the skyline.

Thats just for starters. Thats not including basic common sense and logic. Lets see....how many people in New York City and it's metro area? 25 million, I think? It would require that we believe that everyone who lives in New York, plus the millions of daily visitors, have been lying for the past 9 years about the fate of the towers, and every single piece of video and photography down to videos made by tourists and stuff are fake.

I don't think so. The person who made this video needs to beat up whoever sold him the bad drugs he was on when he came up with this idea. Or, go to a shrink and get on some meds.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Great music. My favorite musical instrument. I just love the uilleann pipes. Thank you for posting this. I went and found a bunch of Davy Spillane and Seamus Ennis videos and saved them to favorites.

After the 1st time, I ignored the idiotic NJ video and just listened to the music several times.

[edit on 3/4/09 by SPreston]

top topics

join