It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yowie Legend Lives On (+ Photos)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Not unless there were bush fires north of Vic approximately a year ago. I know what your saying. I can't recall many (if any) Yowie reports from Vic - but it was summer so if it was a Yowie, it may have been a migratory thing. Who knows eh! All I can say is I've spent a lot of time in the bush camping etc, and I'm not the type that is easily spooked. This spooked me!

The bush we were in was originally Aboriginal land. It would be interesting to delve into their history and see if they have anything in their folklore. Might be difficult to track down but I'll have a sticky beak anyway. Never know what might pop up.

IRM

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Yowie sounds to me like it may be a cousin of the Orang Pendek. Check out wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_Pendek

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buckeyefan

Yeah I believe them to be the same creature.

Relatively, it wasn't that long ago that Australia and Indonesia were both part of Pangaea.

When the split occurred, my guess is that Gigantopithicus, the creature most cryptozoologists agree the Yowie to be, adapted to each island it was on. These little adaptions can account for the slight variation of descriptions.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hi,
Just found this site on the net, thought I'd join in about the Yowies. I've been researching them for 17 years and have had 4 sightings and have collected quite a lot of evidence.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darkclaw1256

Which picture are you referring to

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
. . .My grandfather is one of the last aboriginal elders in Fremantle, he was born in a remote town called Wandering . . .

Wandering is a nice area and Barna Mia is a great camping place.
Did you know about the old poltergeist house out of town?
The house ruins are still there.
My folks have a book written about the event.
I think it occured back in the 40s/50s.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul Compton
Hi,
Just found this site on the net, thought I'd join in about the Yowies. I've been researching them for 17 years and have had 4 sightings and have collected quite a lot of evidence.

Care to share your sightings?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry to drag up this old topic again, but I thought it better posting here than starting a new thread.

I'm thinking about heading out to where I had my sighting sometime in the next few days and getting a few photos of the area and the exact spot that my encounter occurred.

I don't expect to see anything strange, but I thought it would be good to put some images to the story.

Stay tuned

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hi Fooffstarr, great thread mate!

Before the devastating bushfires (I'm from Kinglake) I was made aware of several Black Panther and Tasmanian Tiger sightings in the area by a gentleman who used to work in Kinglake National Park as a Ranger. These sightings spanned many years and the Ranger was convinced of their existence as a colleague of his claimed to have spotted a Tasmanian Tiger whilst on the job.
I wasn't aware of any Yowie sightings in the region though, but seeing as you've mentioned the Great Dividing Range as an area of interest I will have to delve into this further.

I appreciate your detailed report and your passion for this field of endeavour. I like a good Cryptozoology story myself and am very fascinated with the Mothman reports from 1966 in Point Pleasant and the lesser known Beast of Le Gevaudan accounts.

Good luck on your next trip!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It remains a cryptic Sorry, No dna, no scats, no remains, no dna tested fur/hair, nothing at all. How is that possible with so many alledged sightings and so many alledged footprints made into plaster casts? not one hair? No one animal bone with tooth marks that might be compared with known Oz carnivors? Zip, zilch, nada, Just the imagination of the willing.
Thylacines are more likely in tasmanian wilderness, atleast there is proof they ever existed at all.
Urban ledgends are self sustaining, the more theyare heard and passed on, the more entrenched they become in the collective conscience.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am aware that this is just hearsay and I can't remember any specifics but it came back to me when perusing the ATS forums since I have never thought of Bigfoot type creatures being in Australia. I was visiting my then g/f about 15 years ago and hadn't developed an interest in this kind of topic. Anyway, we were having dinner with a couple who were friends of my g/f. He was a Qantas pilot and she was a chef and she told a story of driving through a remote area (we were in Queensland at the time) and she said a creature jumped down into the road in front of her car - as I recall the road was only wide enough for one car. She said she was so frightened she put her car into reverse and reversed the whole way down the road. Lots of laughter ensued. She kept referring to it as a "monkey man" and was adamant that this had happened and she had seen this.

<< 1  2   >>

join