It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can some1 find a conspiracy in here or did we just buy a country..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I didn't know, did you?

I didn't know! You didn't know! How could we know?

Did you know that DUE TO THE US TROOPS in Iraq:

~47 countries have now reestablished their embassies in Iraq?
~that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?
~that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 new schools are now under construction, and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq?
~that Iraq's higher education structure now consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or
Colleges, and 4 research centers, all currently operating?
~that Iraqi women are now allowed to attend schools?
~25 Iraqi students departed for the United States in January 2005, for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know:

~that the Iraqi Navy is now operational? That they have five (5) - 100-foot patrol craft,

34 smaller vessels, and a naval infantry regiment.
~that Iraq's Air Force now consists of three operational squadrons, which includes nine reconnaissance and three US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and they'll soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

~that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?
~that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?
~that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq, that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know:

~there are now more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.
~that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the series of polio vaccinations?
~that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid-October?

~that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq, and phone use has gone up 158%?
~that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and

10 television stations?

~that the Badhdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?
~that 2 candidates in the Iraqui presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW! WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

YOUR NEWS MEDIA REFUSES TO TELL THIS!
Instead of reflecting our love for our country, we get photos of flag burnings, incidents

at Abu Ghraib and people throwing things at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves three major purposes

of the liberal news media:
1. It is intended to undermine the world's perception of the United States, thus minimizing consequent support;
2. It is intended to discourage American citizens and erode their support for the war.
3. It is intended to help the Democratic Party gain more power in the next elections.

All the above facts about Iraq are verifiable on the Department of Defense website:
www.defenselink.mil...

Pass it on! Give this wide distribution, PLEASE.
~ GOD BLESS AMERICA! PRAY FOR AMERICAN TROOPS.

Email recvd 222009

[edit on 6-2-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Apparently we did buy a whole country. And apparently its doing much better than we are. i may be moving to Iraq, i got some kind of family near there. Not to mention i'll probably get a well paying job, payed for by my country. i can get them to pay me in Iraq, but not in US. Hmm.

Don't get me wrong. Its definitely a good thing that we are helping rebuild the country we destroyed. That is the only right thing to do. But such a large military can only hurt us, thats right us. When they implement the Martial Law, they'll have a huge force of Iraqis over here, they don't need our own Armed Forces, or UN. They got all those in Iraq, who probably still don't like us.

Ok. taking off the tin foil. Seriously though, take it from someone who understands the Middle Eastern mentality. They don't like us. They're just being polite if they say they do. Lol, this is how Arabs are. Watch me get flamed for that.

Lookit, its all fine and dandy to rebuild infrastructure, and police force, and maybe a small military. But doing what we are doing, makes it look like we have a guilty conscience.

Btw, Democrats=Republicans Republicans=Democrats. Hate to break it to you, but there aint no difference.

Love and Peace

Edit: i found you a little conspiracy in there

[edit on 6-2-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Although there may be some good in our being there, we still had no business being there in the first place under false pretenses.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot

~that Iraqi women are now allowed to attend schools?

I would be careful about the contents of that email. Under Saddam Iraq was one of the most secular countries in the middle east. Iraqi women were highly educated and often qualified in the professions. Saddam was a typical middle east strongman in many ways but he was unusual in the progressive way he was developing Iraqi society.

Someone I know who lived in Iraq under Saddam told me that Saddam was fine if you stayed out of politics. If you opposed him politically it could be worth your life.

The US has been a blight on Iraqi life since the first gulf war and the debilitating economic sanctions that followed it.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
you know that is a scary thought since we have been the driving force behind most of what has went on in South America for the last 100 years or so.. we have over thrown every people elected presidenti and replace them with dictators ... each and every one... ???? and we have what 177 bases overseas. ... I guess this all adds up to to something more than we know... what do you think....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
In a nutshell, I think that the world is probably going to have to go through another major war, i.e., a war bad enough to be called a "world war."

The main reason for that is that there are enough ordinary people who are dumb enough (to believe the lies fed to them every day in the mainstream media), to make it possible to fight wars big and small and to make it impossible for democratic forces to bring the industrial and banking elites of the world to heel.

These elites are manifestly either senile or insane. They are concerned with the welfare of the world as long as it doesn't interfere with their own lust for wealth, power and control.

Their whole way of life and it's numerous modalities of selfishness and paranoia ought to have it's own chapter in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (the book used to try to determine if someone should be classified as insane or not).

They are the problem. Not overpopulation. Not peak oil. Not the food shortage. Not the military industrial complex.

It's the effin' nuts at the top that are the problem and unfortunately the rest of the population, certainly in America, are too lazy, too stupid, too corrupt to assert themselves and put a stop to the madness.

So they and we are going to have to suffer.

This thread started out as an attempt by someone who wrote an email trying to rewrite an evaluation of America's effect on Iraq. America has taken off it's Dr. Jeckyll hat in Iraq and given the world a nice long look at Mr. Hyde. I (and I know I am not alone in the world on this point), will not forget it.

I think it is disgraceful that America continues to refuse to look at it's Mr. Hyde image in the mirror.

[edit on 9-2-2009 by ipsedixit]

top topics

join