It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Up The Darkness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Postive and negative energy is a huge part in everyones life. Both energies are all around us all the time, but how do we make an energy stronger then the other? Energy is something that we as humans emit. It starts off weak but definately gets stronger and stronger.

Now the concept of positive and negative energy has always astonished me and through a conversation with one of my good friends I came up with a way to explain postive and negative energy and hopefuly this will make you think of changing your life values and use less of your ego.... After all it is the down fall of man.

Negative energy is the darkness inwhich we live where as positive energy is the light that guides us to do our daily activities. Now imagine our world without the sun or any type of "light".... total darkness (negative energy). This is unfortunately how most people are living today.... Skeptical of everything.... hating life..... crimes...... etc. What happens when you add a candle to a pitch black room.... A part of the room lights up. Add another candle... more of the room lights up, and so on until the entire room is completely visible. This symbolizes some people in the world who are emitting positive energy (we only need a small amount of people to light up the world). Now yes we have can even less people who emits ALOT of positive energy to light up the darkness think of an LCD flash light... it can light up a room like it's nothing.

Now let's all try to emit positive energy... this means help out in your community.... don't let your ego get in your way. If some one verbally attacks you brush it off your shoulder and don't take it to heart but make sure you don't retaliate. Energy is a POWERFUL thing and it ripples out into the universe. It also is in conjunction with the law of attraction. Meaning negative energy attracts negative things.... positive energy attracts positive things.... for example don't say "I wish I could swim better" say "I know I can swim better" wishing will never get you something.... knowing your going to have the outcome you want and repeating it to yourself will.

Now we all know how dark and cruel this world is. So who's with me to light up the darkness! Tell people to come read this post and get people interested! We have a world to change. It's time we fixed it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MindPowerMike

The Darkness is beautiful too, and can be just as filled with positive Energies as the Light are for some people. A moonlit night, with gnistering stars and dark, playing shadows, is amongst the most beautiful things there is.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

It's a shame your didn't understand my analogy but yes you're right I actually prefer being in the darkness of the night because I feel more at "home" if you will.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I DID understand your analogy, don't worry.
And you said it very beautifully. I just wanted to put those things in addition too. I simply couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
But what about balance? No light without darkness and etc? If the planet had only sunlight, after all, it would be a desert.

Put another way and quoting an old proverb, "water which is too pure has no fish."

...Having said that, I could see aiming positivity at the world right about now in the hope of changing the course of things. I just don't think 100% positivity, 24/7 is gonna work as a lifestyle choice, is all. ^^;;

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by quitebored

Heres the thing... Our world right now is OFF balance with negativity it is true life does need a balance. However if we had to lean a little bit more towards one way would you not thikning being overly positive is better then negative?

Because how you answer this question because it will make you an opptomist or pessimist
or a positive or negative person
lol I personally think that we should have more positive energy then negative energy... but yes a balance is 100% crucial

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The Way You Explained That Was Beautiful. Perfect,... Very True And I Truly Believe That If Everyone Put A Little More Effort Towards Generating Positive Energy, Things Would Get Better...

Just Like The O' Saying.. Think Positive, And Positive Things Will Come.
And As We All Are Seeing.. Negative Thoughts.. Vibes.. Negative Outcome

..: Sylent Truth :..

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SylentTruth

Yes exactly. I am a VERY strong believer in mind power and I know just how stong our minds are. We have the potential for greatness so let's put our energy in a positive manner towards that and I just know our world will change for the better.

As I said before.... Let's Light Up the Darkness

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindPowerMike

Heres the thing... Our world right now is OFF balance with negativity it is true life does need a balance. However if we had to lean a little bit more towards one way would you not thikning being overly positive is better then negative?

Because how you answer this question because it will make you an opptomist or pessimist
lol I personally think that we should have more positive energy then negative energy... but yes a balance is 100% crucial

I vote for neutral. Much like with pH values. We all have positive and negative values within us, and shouldn't ignore one versus the other, imho. I think the negative aspects in ourselves can teach us a great deal, frankly, and deserve our attention as well.

Otoh, I also think that the universe tends toward a natural balance, so either way a person skews will ultimately have to be balanced out elsewhere.

And on the other other hand... both those values are subjective (one person's light is another person's shade) and both are defined in relation to each other. How does anyone know what's positive without the negative to compare it against?

Point being, if you think the balance has shifted negative, yes--aim positivity at it, by all means. Many would agree with you (myself included, current devil-advocating aside).

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitebored

Originally posted by MindPowerMike

I vote for neutral. Much like with pH values. We all have positive and negative values within us, and shouldn't ignore one versus the other, imho. I think the negative aspects in ourselves can teach us a great deal, frankly, and deserve our attention as well.

Otoh, I also think that the universe tends toward a natural balance, so either way a person skews will ultimately have to be balanced out elsewhere.

And on the other other hand... both those values are subjective (one person's light is another person's shade) and both are defined in relation to each other. How does anyone know what's positive without the negative to compare it against?

Point being, if you think the balance has shifted negative, yes--aim positivity at it, by all means. Many would agree with you (myself included, current devil-advocating aside).

Haha cool. I enjoy devils advocate gives me more thigns to think about with my theories however you are right we do need negative energy to know what real and true positive energy is however we already live in a negative world... is this something you would like to continue living in for the remainder of your life or would you like to see a change? Perhaps something super natural like people using abilities such as flight or telekinesis... All of this is achieved by emitting a strong positive energy... and if you don't beleive that just go ask any of the great gurus about mind power and positively conditioning your mind to work with you as opossed to for you
... just some food for thought

[edit on 6-2-2009 by MindPowerMike]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

is this something you would like to continue living in for the remainder of your life or would you like to see a change? Perhaps something super natural like people using abilities such as flight or telekinesis... All of this is achieved by emitting a strong positive energy... and if you don't beleive that just go ask any of the great gurus about mind power and positively conditioning your mind to work with you as opossed to for you

Er. I would like to see some evidence of these things, actually, before voting on whether I'd prefer them or not. I do know a bit about mind power, but have never flown or moved objects with my mind, which (I assume) leaves me in the ranks of the "negatively charged," yes?

A question, though, if I may. If strongly positive energy can give one all these abilities, wouldn't strongly negative energy do the same? Power is power; does the polarity of it matter?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can empathise with what you are saying OP. I know, like others on this site that you have awakened because you mentioned the ego.

As you know the ego has to be worked through in order to get to a certain level of understanding and from there every day is a new day. Light or Dark its all the same awakening of the mind.

So many people I have talked to about this say to me "oh yeah I am passed the ego thing" when in reality they have only just started it do you understand what I am saying?

10/10 for a great enlightening thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitebored

is this something you would like to continue living in for the remainder of your life or would you like to see a change? Perhaps something super natural like people using abilities such as flight or telekinesis... All of this is achieved by emitting a strong positive energy... and if you don't beleive that just go ask any of the great gurus about mind power and positively conditioning your mind to work with you as opossed to for you

Er. I would like to see some evidence of these things, actually, before voting on whether I'd prefer them or not. I do know a bit about mind power, but have never flown or moved objects with my mind, which (I assume) leaves me in the ranks of the "negatively charged," yes?

A question, though, if I may. If strongly positive energy can give one all these abilities, wouldn't strongly negative energy do the same? Power is power; does the polarity of it matter?

Great question and well yes thats the problem... people are negatively conditioned to be skeptical of these things and more. Technically speaking a person who emits a great amount of positive energy can enlighten others.
Have you ever been in a bad mood and some one walks by and you just feel better..... this is because they have sent you some positive energy. When you are sad and your friends cheer you up.... don't they say POSITIVE things?... and vice versa for negative.

Light shines brighter then the eye can see however darkness just has pitch black... you cant get darker then that
.... As I said.... positve energy starts off weaker but at the end always prevails

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I can empathise with what you are saying OP. I know, like others on this site that you have awakened because you mentioned the ego.

As you know the ego has to be worked through in order to get to a certain level of understanding and from there every day is a new day. Light or Dark its all the same awakening of the mind.

So many people I have talked to about this say to me "oh yeah I am passed the ego thing" when in reality they have only just started it do you understand what I am saying?

10/10 for a great enlightening thread.

Thank you very much! and yes I don't believe mankind will ever get passed working on his/her ego. It is something I have been trying to work on for about a week now and I must say.... it's hard. Seems to me like this will be a life long process to "eliminate" or "surpress" an ego. Now I do plan on freeing my mind in the near future as I am greatly into mind power inwhich once this happen my inner reality becomes my outter reality. This means all my beliefs and thoughts are true so the concept of death would have no effect on me.... after all... "The only reason why people die is because they accept it as an inevitablity".
Thanks for the rank
I appreciate it!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by MindPowerMike]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by MindPowerMike

The Darkness is beautiful too, and can be just as filled with positive Energies as the Light are for some people. A moonlit night, with gnistering stars and dark, playing shadows, is amongst the most beautiful things there is.

Nightchild I must say this post really got to me because I agree that this is one of the most beautiful things in the world. I re-read your post over and over and I have found that what we find so beautiful about this is the prettiness of the night sky lit by the moon and stars. The only time there are shadows is when there is light. Just goes to show you that even in the darkness there still is light

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Come one guys
Light up the darkness

new topics

top topics

join