It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecclesiates 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ecclesiates 9:11

11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift. The battle is not to the strong. Bread does not go to the wise, or riches to men of understanding. Men of skill do not always receive favor, but time and unexpected circumstance happens to them all.

The next verse is interesting too

12 For man does not know his time. Like fish caught in an evil net, and like birds caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falls suddenly upon them.

Coincidence maybe, but it is interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Why choose ecclesiastes over another book in that there bible? Psalms 9:11 "Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings." That would fit right into a zionist conspiracy regarding that dreadful day, or maybe I'm still sun-baked from last summer.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
While I think I can follow your thought process on this I would be hard pressed to make a specific connection to the events of 9/11.

I believe what you have quoted is meant to be more of a generalized comment on the human condition and not a prophecy of events.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Another version

Here is something else I have learned: The fastest runners and the greatest heroes don't always win races and battles. Wisdom, intelligence, and skill
don't always make you healthy, rich, or popular, for time and chance overtake them all.

Ecclesiastes 9:11

Made me think of all those firemen and police that tragically died that day.

top topics

join