It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Jokes About Roberts Oath Gaffe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Joe Biden is like that crazy uncle that comes around every Thanksgiving, only to make stupid comments, embarassing the rest of the family.

Here he jokes about Justice Roberts flubbing the swearing in of Obama, and Obama is not pleased.

Check out his reaction.
Wanna get away???

One can only wonder what was going on in Obama's head, probably wanted slap him upside the head but instead he just decides to reach over and tap Joe on the arm.

Day One and we already have a Classic Biden Gaffe.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Obama doesn't look too happy with ol' Joe in that clip. I'd imagine that the next four years are going to be filled with embarassing Biden moments. Bush hasn't got anything on this guy and just think...this is a man who was chosen in order to advise Obama on foreign affairs.

Yeah, we're screwed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I saw the story this morning.

Biden is an idiot. I think many will draw parallels between him and Quayle or even Gore for that matter.

Obama was clearly pissed as noted by the little tap to the elbow of Biden. Bidens reaction Duh...What did I do Boss?? I get the feeling that Biden doesn't respect Obama that much.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
From a certain point of view, this type of ignorance by someone like Biden probably only serves to lift Obama up that much more. Most vice presidents seem to be odd or a lower profile in some way. Most already know Biden is a screwball sometimes. I'm sure we won't be seeing very much of him anyway. He seems like he's bipolar and needs medication.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think that what we are experiencing is bubble life by way of the MSM.

We used to have lives and at the end of the day or for some at the end of the week we would turn on the idiot box for a bit of entertainment and relaxation. We allowed ourselves to be carried out of our real worlds for a walk around fantasy village. We now spend 24/7 in fantasy village and have no clue what our real world looks like.

No one can stand up to 24/7 public scrutiny especially when what you see is being twisted like a balloon to shape it to what it is that the presenter wants you to see or think.

We are victims of the Monty and we need to either wise up or stop playing the game before we are naked, homeless, starving and without a country.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Did anyone expect different from Mr. Mucacca? I'm surprised he didnt refer to the women as "honey" or "babe".

The man is a fountain of lite vulgarity and inappropriateness.

It's only a matter of time before he refers to Obama as [SNIP]
Yes, he is that stupid.

Mod edit: Sorry man, no can do.

Peace

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
One can only wonder what was going on in Obama's head, probably wanted slap him upside the head but instead he just decides to reach over and tap Joe on the arm.

I don't think we have to wonder at all. It's pretty clear what you said is correct. Obama would have preferred to slap him upside the head.

I think Obama wants to maintain an air of complete professionalism, especially in these first few months. He'll probably lighten up. But Biden loves to get a laugh and they probably had "a talk" about it afterward, Obama informing Biden that he's not a Senator anymore and Obama would appreciate his utmost professionalism and respect to the office. Later, when Obama is more comfortable in the position and things are possibly (hopefully) a little lighter, he'll relax a bit.

Silly Biden!
He's a goof. It's going to be hard for him to maintain this professional air in public all the time.

Just my take.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That was so wrong of him to do that. I never like Biden and now I know why..He is a big jerk!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Did anyone expect different from Mr. Mucacca?

That wasn't Biden! That was Virginia Senator George Allen.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Biden gaffs again. No surprise.
Obama's look at him was priceless.
Considering this is just a few days after the Jill Biden gaff ..

Bet Obama is going to have fun with his VP.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Whoop, you're right. I merged the Mucacca thing and the "Indians and 7-11" comments in my head.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I forgot about that! Maybe they just imbibed a bit too much during all of the festivities.

Anyway, I hope Obama schooled him. The Vice President should under no circumstances be taking jabs at the Chief Justice. What an embarrassment. Biden better lock it up!

I read where the Chief Justice has a seizure disorder, who knows what was going on. Between the pressure of the moment and the roar of the crowd, many other fine people would have flubbed it too.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Biden better lock it up!

The guy lives down the road and around the corner from us.
(in the rich part of town)
Everyone here will tell ya' .. he just says what he thinks without
taking a break to consider the words. He's a very nice guy.
He's VERY down to earth. But with that comes the loose lips.

(I've seen his mom in church a few times)

I read where the Chief Justice has a seizure disorder,

OOOOOOOOOH! That does put things in a different light, doesn't it?
Bright lights or flashing lights can set off seizures.
There were plenty of TV camera lights around.
Bright sunshine. Stress. Who knows what could have happened ....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh dear.

Oh dear dear dear.....

Certain sections of republican America have lost their sense of humour.

You have 8 years of a guy who can barely speak straight, but that was ok, and when someone comes in and someone else messes up the oath, and then his second in command makes a light joke about it, apparently thats disgraceful

I think you guys seriously "misunderestimated" the size of the occasion and the need for a bit of brevity every now and then.

Lighten up a little huh?

I mean - our PM over here claimed he saved the world after all.......

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nef, if I may be bold enough to pull an Obama and call you babe I would have to say you are wrong on a few counts.

While I agree with you about the brevity bit and about the importance of looking at things from a humorous side you must remember that the annointed one was not amused at all.
Plus there is nothing republican about him whatsoever.

Sure it was a joke, which I thought was quite funny, but you must remember that Roberts may have a seizure condition.
If this is true then Biden just had another "stand up Chuck" moment.

Btw, don't feel bad about your PM, we have an ex VP that invented the internet and we just elected a Prez that will soon get credit for a victory in Iraq.

top topics

join