It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Destruction of the Dollar + Interesting quote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Listen from 4.40 to hear the interesting quote, and I would be interested in comments. It is not often people come out and admit it!

Plenty of economies in trouble now, and it will only continue. This continued spending spree is going to bring the western world to its knees.

It will be interesting how Obama goes. I am in Australia, but I still believe they needed an economist around that has a grip on what is going on. Someone like Peter Schiff, rather than the blokes Obama has gotten either from the Clinton era, or one of the investment firms that has gone under.

Unless of course, they do know what is going on and it is all deliberate... something that would not surprise me at all.

[edit on 22/1/09 by realist00]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
GRRRR

First too many posts, then too few, and my original post is gone.

I love Ron Paul.

But is Glenn Beck REALLY allowed to talk about stuff like this on FOX, or will he lose his job over this??

Sorry, couldn't resist. FOX has a tendency to not like people hearing truth.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Oh wow, I watched it again... And this time I caught what you were refering to.

Ron Paul is implying that whoever runs the Republican party, is the same people/group that runs the Demoncrats....

This is what we have been saying for years.

Thanks Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by realist00

Excellent post for a thread! When I discovered RP last year, I was floored that I found for the first time (maybe excepting Ventura, though I didn't follow him enough to be too informed) a politician who not only believes what I believe on almost every issue, but also informs ME of things I may not be aware of with respect to certain extremely important issues.

One thing that just occurred to me is--and I need help with the brainstorm--if the US gov't spent a few trillion dollars on citizens in poverty (and require businesses to double the minimum wage for starters), instead of on bank "bailouts" and a ridiculously beefed up DOD (not to mention black budget funds) and tax cuts on the mega-wealthy, wouldn't that be a good first step toward jump starting the economy and giving people "hope". This kind of "trickle UP economics" might be the kind of "change" that would give people reason to really start thinking "yes we might..."

(For the brainstorm, we need to find out how many Americans, like myself, live at or below the accepted "poverty-line" (though I suspect it's actually a higher line that what the IRS will concede). Then we need to figure out what an actual comfortable wage might be (just to get by with basic needs without stressing too much). Then we need to figure out how to include people who are above the poverty line but still struggling b/c they're single parents, etc. Maybe I should start a whole thread on this one, come to think of it...)

Anyway, not to mention the dozen or so FED banks are the ones who start ALL these economic crises in the first place--they're just calling in debts, so to speak. Check out the Jekyll Island Meeting in 1910 with Warburg, etc. and how the FED was even created. Then, tell me you don't think every banking crisis isn't orchestrated. It goes back to Jefferson and others fighting Hamilton and his (Rothschild concocted) attempt to foist a central bank on us not long after the Revolution. One of the primary undercurrents of US history has been the ongoing struggle between populist constitutionalists v. international bankers (read: Rothschilds and the banking houses they created as fronts, like the Rockefellers, Warburgs, Morgans, Schiffs, etc).

Hmmm.... I wonder what's really happening here with our so-called economy. Deliberate meltdown to bring the "power" and the "money" back to Europe?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by alchemicalbrother]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If Obama was smart, he'd make Ron Paul his personal advisor.

Getem' Doc!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemicalbrother
reply to post by realist00

One thing that just occurred to me is--and I need help with the brainstorm--if the US gov't spent a few trillion dollars on citizens in poverty (and require businesses to double the minimum wage for starters), instead of on bank "bailouts" and a ridiculously beefed up DOD (not to mention black budget funds) and tax cuts on the mega-wealthy, wouldn't that be a good first step toward jump starting the economy and giving people "hope". This kind of "trickle UP economics" might be the kind of "change" that would give people reason to really start thinking "yes we might..."

Bad idea unfortunately. The government needs to downsize, and they need to cut back spending. There are a number of problems with the US economy, but one is debt. There is an over burden of debt. The US system is collapsing because the people no longer have the means to pay them back.

This was caused by market prices rising due to increased 'so called' wealth. Simple demand = supply. If there is higher demand, the place will be given more value. People started defaulting badly in sub-prime one. The banks were then left with a property which in the boom was worth $500,000 is now worth $250,000. That is a net loss to the bank of $250K. Take that across many many assets, and the financial institutions are buckling because their net worth is now negative.

It is being made worse by many other factors. Credit will now begin to squeeze because of the risk.

The US has been running a risk less society, unfortunately a lot like Australia. It needs to reset. Any 'created' monies will cause massive inflation. The need to stop spending money, or they will only make it worse for us all. We need to cop the medicine now.

Hmmm.... I wonder what's really happening here with our so-called economy. Deliberate meltdown to bring the "power" and the "money" back to Europe?

That is possible. The Federal Reserve should have seen what was coming to them.

I might make a prediction. If the economy collapses which is definitely a possibility, it would not surprise me not to see Joe Biden step up.

I reckon the military may take over.
The hope that Obama has created, will create a lot of civil unrest in America.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Oh wow, I watched it again... And this time I caught what you were refering to.

Ron Paul is implying that whoever runs the Republican party, is the same people/group that runs the Demoncrats....

This is what we have been saying for years.

Thanks Ron Paul.

Yes, yet another nwo / bilderberg 'evidence in my book..
Or even E.T. for christ sakes....
Or maby....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I used to hate Glenn Beck and only agreed with him on a few social issues, including harsher punishment for those who commit more serious crimes against children and abortion, but now we're two peas in a pod with the exception of some of his more fervent rhetoric about immigration among other things.

I believe he understands what is happening and he's just as fed up as the rest of us. He's absolutely pissed that our rights are dissolving as fast as our borders. He's pissed that the backstreet rapist known as the Federal Reserve is mayor of the town. He's pissed that the Republicans and the Democrats are the same thing.

And after the swtich, I'm glad to know that he hasn't changed much. Go Glenn! Ya weird bastard.

Good to know Ron Paul will never change and that's why I will never waiver either. He is my president.

top topics

join