It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson US Airways Down Plane & BofA Charlotte Headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Hudson US Airways Down Plane & BofA Charlotte Headquarters

www.msnbc.msn.com

NEW YORK - A US Airways plane crashed into the frigid Hudson River on Thursday afternoon after striking birds that disabled two engines, sending 150 on board scrambling onto rescue boats, authorities say. No deaths or serious injuries were immediately reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
CNBC talking about crazy coincidence between this plane crash today and Chopper crash 3 years ago when Bank of America Ken Lewis was to meet with credit card company - execs went down in Hudson River.

BofA confirms and Wachovia Investment Banker all on plane in Hudson River (all saved - so maybe no conspiracy) but even CNBC finds it odd.

I'll find source

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/15/2009 by trusername]

[edit on 1/15/2009 by trusername]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Not sure how much of a coincidence that is - wouldn't the logical thing to do along that flight path, if you have the bail, be to bail in the Hudson? Were there other circumstances that make the two events similar?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Here's the CNBC connection with BofA and 2 downed flights

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure that it's a conspiracy either, but CNBC seems to think it's an Unusual Circumstance - just mentioned it again. In relation to BofAs extreme financial situation today.

Jan 15 (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp spokeswoman Kelly Sapp: * Says "a number" of bank's workers were booked on US Airways jet that went down Thursday in New York's Hudson River-spokeswoman * Says bank is trying to confirm workers' whereabouts, and working closely with local authorities to get further information Bank of America is based in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the US Airways flight was headed. ((New York Equities Desk; tel: +1 646 223 6000)) (For more news about Bank of America Corp click here
COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Reuters 2009. All rights reserved.

The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thoms

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It doesn't make sense to me that it's a conspiracy either since everyone was fine. But since CNBC keeps mentioning it - I figure it's a good idea to have it on the ATS archives.

Lots of times I think reporters try to give hints if they smell something fishy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And Wells Fargo too - WOW - this was one stacked plane for the financial sector

NEW YORK(CNNMoney.com) -- Several Bank of America employees were on the plane that crashed into New York City's frigid Hudson River Thursday afternoon.

The Charlotte, N.C.-based bank is confirming their whereabouts and working with authorities to gather further info, a spokeswoman said.

Wells Fargo spokeswoman Mary Eshet confirms three employees were on the flight, all have been accounted for and are safe. Eshet says there were not hospitalized that she was aware of.

The more than 150 people on the flight, which had just taken off from LaGuardia Airport headed to Charlotte, are believed safe. Flight 1549 may have may have experienced a bird strike -- when a bird or flock of birds is sucked into the jet -- according to FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

link re wells fargo

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier for B of A to just lay these folks off?

B of A sucks. Perhaps this is just bad Karma?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I agree - I don't see how this works - they all survived and you'd have to either be a goose whisperer or they're lying about the cause it went down...

But just 2 mins ago - Bank of America just announced it's joining the parade of banks that were supposed to announce their horrific earnings on tuesday while obama is being swarn in I guess (and remember monday is a bank holiday). Anyway - they just announced they're moving it up to friday like citibank and the others. I guess it's "lets all go down together" ??

maybe the plane ride was a "come to jesus meeting" ? Lets see if wells fargo does too

emac.blogs.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bank of America says that they are trying to locate their employees -

Mayor Bloomberg says that they "think" everybody got out - but that not all passengers were taken to the same place.

Why on earth not????

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't think there is any conspiracy here, NY is a financial center, it is reasonable to assume that there would be a high number of financial staff on any plane leaving or arriving in NY.

As for the confusion of where everyone is, they'd go to the nearest shore, then be taken to the nearest hospital. There's no reason why they'd be at different hospitals other than citizens rescuing them on boats and taking them directly to the shore.

The pilot and crew should certainly be commended for ensuring all passengers were removed safely.
It's great to see so many people working together to save others.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What conspiracy ! Oh that one !

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Russian Military Intelligence reports circulating in the Kremlin today state that an attempt to shoot down an American passenger plane over New York City carrying some of the top officials from the United States largest bank, and largest financial services company in the World, Bank of America, failed when the pilot quickly reacted to his crippled and burning aircraft by landing it in the Hudson river extinguishing the spreading flames and saving the lives of all aboard.

Quoting some of the direct statements from passengers on the attacked aircraft (including Jeff Kolodjay who stated “I heard a loud explosion from the left side of the plane [and] the smell of gas was strong.”, and Dave Sanderson who also stated “I heard an explosion and saw some flames coming from the left wing.”) the FSB additions to these reports state that ‘without a doubt’ the missile used to attack this US aircraft was a Russian made Igla-S man-portable air-defense system manufactured at the Degtyarev factory in the city of Kovrov due to its ‘unique frequency signature’ recorded by [listening devices] located at Russia’s UN Mission offices in New York City and orbiting satellites.

It has long been known by Russian Intelligence Analysts that the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been in possession of 50 Igla-S missiles stolen from Russia by the British MI6 terrorist spy ring run by their agent Hemant Lakhani, and who in 2003, while being pursued by FSB commandos was ‘rescued’ by CIA forces and brought to the United States where he remains today.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.whatdoesitmean.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a botched attempt to have these bankers knocked off. Maybe they can't find the bankers because they know what "Really" happened! Just a thought! Several people heard explosions. And in Russia they are saying something about British spies sending Russian misiles into the plane.

join