It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another giant wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
We are starting to hear a lot more about this type of wave

A state of emergency has been declared in the Marshall Islands after huge waves forced hundreds of people to flee their homes. The western Pacific islands have been hit three times in the past fortnight

visz.rsoe.hu...
I am also willing to bet that we are going to hear a lot more about these rouge waves

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sorry for the people living there, but none of this is new.

The planet starts to do something we remotely don't like (and can't control) and we go nuts. Don't like the conditions, move. Now is the time to start using that nugget of ours. Forget building nukes - use it to survive!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thats a pretty cool site that one.
But I don't think this one killed anyone as it says no deaths.
But in this area that it happened, is many low lying islands.
So a wave of threatening proportions wouldn't be uncommon.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I believe most of these freak waves are cause by the giant super tankers and giant container ships and amplified by the ocean currents or wind conditions.

Just watch any lake on a calm glass like morning and watch how far the wake waves will travel across the lake from a very small boat.

Think about how big the wake waves from a supertanker or giant container ship are and then add in the wind or ocean currents pushing and amplifying them.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

very good point

But then! what about a fish in the water?

I say that becouse the effects of a butterflies wings makes the wind blow?

But i do understand the cause / effect thing you hitting on could be but i think more about earth shocks more than lil tiny tankers.

Water is the biggest mass on the planet there is alot going on it in it and over it.. there not rouge waves really there more of a result of all the acitivy on the surface. We are tiny and they aint big or rogue we are just crap at prodicting them as we dont use the right dynamics "logical maths" as to "elogical maths"

And we cant do that becouse we dont know what that is .. stupid i know but its like trying to understand the undstarble. they are the tho

29847462903045965837 here that is the code for the next one? lol
pointless
)

Will they get"" bigger? and more frequent? Yup

I often think of how we as warm blooded mamals heat up the earth?

More people = more heat ?

May be a fraction of heat the earth has but that fraction will count in some way?

so i do understand what you mean with the tanker theory in that respect "activity" wise.

Merry xmas all

[edit on 25-12-2008 by theresult]

top topics

join