It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the fish lover in you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes. I love to catch and eat fish when I can. I was searching the web for some good sushi bars, salmon and halibut, when I came upon this newsclip from Korea. Now the clip seems real to me. But I am not clear on what I am seeing in the video.
Apparently, from what I see is a strain of Kobi with a frontal face. Now before you all start with the post this in the right forum, I did my best to check the forum for proper posting and this seems to me to be the best one.

I apologize first off if it is not, well I digress. Here is the clip. I HOPE someone on here can give me a good explanation on this mutation or speciation or CGI effect tomfoolery.

Here is the youtube clip which is a Korean News Agency reporting on the Korean curiosity.

www.youtube.com...

And this is the url that says it is legit for all practical purposes. You MUST scroll down to the last story. Okay?

Now if this has already been blogged I do apologize once more.

www.breakthechain.org...

Yes, I still find this hard to accept. I know there is a rational side to this report.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by xxxRex84xxx]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't know much about this, but the story did remind me of something I'd seen on YouTube before. These fish are being referred to as "fish with human faces" on most blogs, websites and videos that mention them. This might be of use:

en.wikipedia.org...

I wasn't able to find much else, not even a claim of "hoax". Edit to add: I found two resources that speculated the video was a hoax, but neither provided any reason as to why they believe it to be fake. Most sources seem to be noting it as "strange but true".

[edit on 14/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've seen these guys floating about on the interweb for some time now. Apparently they're real... and pretty weird.

Anyways, I don't think I would eat any of these pond-style fish... I wonder if they've done some intelligence tests on them.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i love it when i see new "ripley's" style stuff on here. this is way cool, my 7 year old son wants one now. GOOD JOB OP! where the hell am i gonna find one of THOSE by Christmas time?????

i hope we find out more on these though...star and flag for coolness factor.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I just hope we don't start seeing a trend. Imagine trying to butcher a cow or pig and has some human like trait, whether it be an ear or eye I could never eat another animal again unless I was starved. This erks me cause I really like fish to eat and as pets. Yes that is sort of deranged eh?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty creepy. Lol i want one.

join