It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wtc 2 Column Fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Im not sure if this has been posted before, I checked and didn't find anything so...

www.metacafe.com...

A video that shows the Column twist and give way.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OMFGitsJack

Could you tell us exactly what frames or time. All I saw was the exoskeleton give way. The columns were inside the buildings interior and I didn't see any internal parts..

Thanks...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just see buckling from where the building (WTC2) tilted out wards about 10-15 degrees, then explosions just start erupting from the inside outwards, in a sequence going down the floors.

Good close-up though.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OMFGitsJack

Must be the exact time the core gave way in the basement. I hadn't seen this footage before, thanks for posting this!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMFGitsJack
Im not sure if this has been posted before, I checked and didn't find anything so...

www.metacafe.com...

A video that shows the Column twist and give way.

That is definitely a better than usual video of the collapse. I've seen it before, so know its isn't new. Look at how the falling debris can hardly, if at all, keep up with the blast wave ripping down the building. It looks like another example of free-fall acceleration, though I didn't do a frame-by-frame analysis.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
Look at how the falling debris can hardly, if at all, keep up with the blast wave ripping down the building. It looks like another example of free-fall acceleration, though I didn't do a frame-by-frame analysis.

A member that posts here by "billybob" has done one and created a thread about it. It was faster than free-fall, but only briefly. And it's very simple why. The floor-by-floor destruction did not speed up or slow down. It was more or less a constant rate, set to give the impression of a progressive collapse slightly slower than the terminal velocities that the free-falling debris was accelerating towards. While the debris was just beginning to accelerate, floors were already been blown out at that constant rate.

From billybob's thread, Faster than Freefall, Proof of Demolition

You can see how much faster the collapse is than the free-falling debris at the start:

Here's a diagram that would represent the distance covered by the building destruction vs. the free-falling debris:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

That's good stuff that billybob has. I was thinking about it though, and I have a question.

Is it fair to compare freefall speed with a "shockwave"?

Not that I subscribe to the "pancake" theory, but in any case when the top of the building fell abruptly into the rest of the building below, didn't this send a shockwave down through the building that would travel much faster that 32x(sec)2?

Could this explain what's on the video? I like to be balanced & explore all possibilities. Just something I thought of when reading this thread. Thanx-

2PacSade-

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Not that I subscribe to the "pancake" theory, but in any case when the top of the building fell abruptly into the rest of the building below, didn't this send a shockwave down through the building that would travel much faster that 32x(sec)2?

Yes, much faster, and it wouldn't cause that kind of destruction either. I'm not at all familiar with that sort of physics, though. Probably something to do with materials properties and how stress travels through an elastic solid. Maybe someone else here can shed more light on what you're thinking of.

new topics

top topics

join