It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why it doesn't matter where Obama was born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have never started a thread here because God knows there's enough to read and think about on ATS without more stuff. However, I can take no more and have to do this.

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE OBAMA WAS BORN!!!!

Kenya, Hawaii...mars... his mother was an American citizen and as a child of an American citizen, he is automatically a U.S. himself through his birthright.

If your mother is a U.S. citizen, it DOES NOT matter what country in the world your mother gives birth to you, the moment you come out of the womb, you are automatically a U.S. citizen.

Article 2 of the Constitution states that you have to be a natural U.S. citizen and have lived in the U.S. for the last 14 years.

Please people, it's not enough to just read the laws (although I'm sure most haven't even done that), you must understand what they mean!!

I'm sorry for my tone, but I couldn't take anymore of this ignorance and blatant ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

Not all citizens are natural born citizens.

Obama is both, but it's possible that he would not have been if he was born outside the States.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow this is the 1 thousandth incorrect thread on Obama's citizenship. Please lock and/or delete!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I apologize for the confusion, you are correct, but under code 1401, title 8, chapter 12, subchapter III, Part 1.....wow that's a lot...

he qualifies under option (e) which is one parent is an american citizen and has lived at least one year in the U.S.

I just don't understand the silliness of such a dispute.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most of the people on ATS who think he shouldn't be president for being born out of the country are people who would be unhappy with ANYONE who was president. It's just their way of starting crap, to raise controversy, and troll anyone who likes Obama.

Not all of them are racist, but some certainly are. They are all trolls, though. The people fighting over this, trying to get it into court? They're IRL trolls. Just laugh at them and move on.

join