It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned bunker on pelican island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
about 5 years ago i went to galveston with a buddy of mine. we went to crystal beach on pelican island. while we were down there we came across an old army bunker right on the beach. it looked to have been abandoned for a long time. the whole place was pretty big so it took us a few hours to explore it. we came across some doors on one side with a big chain and lock on them. the chain was a little loose so we squeezed in. there was no electricity at the place so it was pitch black inside. we both brandished our lighters and started to take a look around..

the inside was a large long hall way with multiple doors on each side. i would say about 10 rooms in total. most of them had doors that were open with nothing inside them but some old chairs or tables. there was one room of interest though. it had a metal door that was welded shut, adn there was a sign that said top secret on it. we always wanted to go back in there and bust it open, but never have.

ive always wondered if anyone has been here or has heard of this place. its kinda close to the sea wolf park there on pelican island, but i dont think its a part of it.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No way I could resist that for long
I somewhat recently explored an eerie old place down the road that, still to this day, is a mystery of what it actually is.

You figure after the government being in effect for hundreds of years, if they don't want people to bust in, please don't seal the doors and print Top Secret everywhere.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The area you are tallking about was an old shore line gun emplacement from WWII. In fact it is a State Park. Some of the lower areas are actually under water about 6 inches or so.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yeah it was a pretty cool place. i dont live near there anymore or i would have gone back for sure

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

if you dont mind....

where is this place?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by evantide

do you remember in which location this was on the island? I'd love to check it out myself.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
yeah, you take the ferry to crystal beach, when you exit the ferry you will go down the road untill you see the big black light house on the left. when you reach the light house you then want to go to the beach on the right side of the road. it should be right out there by the beach.

let me know if you find anythnig interesting out there!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by evantide

Cool! Thanks!

Now to have some free time to get down there.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Be sure to take a small portable generator, and a Metabo with a dozen blades or so, so you can cut it open. The other choice would of course be a small oxy/acetylene cutting outfit, but I would prefer the Metabo myself. More efficient. Let us know what you find!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Can you please post a link to a Google Maps showing this building? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
here is the seawolf park area...

/572syg

its along the beach to the NW of there

new topics

top topics

join