It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Be Angry If Obama Invites Rev Wright To the Inauguration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am curious to know if people would be angry if Obama invited Wright to his inauguration. I know Obama left his church and said he wouldn't find a new one till after the elections, but Obama never disowned Rev. Wright. The rev. was an influence in his life for at least 20 years.

Mr Wright’s comments were a stumbling block for Mr Obama’s campaign. In an impassioned speech about faith and race, the Democrat at first expressed support for Mr Wright, saying: “I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother.”

source

It wouldn't bother me. I personally think it is Obama's choice for 3 reasons.

1) He won. It is for Obama to decide who to invite.

2) People elected Obama so that tells me that they feel that Rev. Wright wasn't that much of an issue.

3) I do not know Rev. Wright personally and know that the media can take things out of context. What he said sounded bad but I find it difficult to believe he just came to the spotlight when Obama ran for President. I have know about Farakhan's reputation for a long time.

Well, which one is it, angry or not?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I say, invite the dear Reverend.

Give him a few high balls and who knows what he is bound to say. Perhaps he will liven up an otherwise dull event. I suspect that some undercover republicans will be keeping his glass quite full.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Obama won so he can invite who he wants.

In fact - give the cult leader an open microphone and a nice tall glass of wine. Let him have at it. He can bring the fella' that he admires so much - Farrakhan - as well. That should really liven up the party.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What good would it do to get angry?

I'm really torn as to whether or not Obama would do that or not honestly. On the one hand, he may want to avoid contact with those people to coincide with his repeated pleas that he wasn't close to them. On the other hand, if he's really as radical as his friends are, he may not care what people think anymore now that he has won.

It's kind of a non-issue at this point so it doesn't really matter. It may provide a better look as to how Obama will govern now that he has won though. Will he do as he claimed and try to remain towards the center, or will he let the extreme left get the better of him?

It's interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I actually wouldnt care; I dont support Barack Obama or John McCain for the matter but Rev Wright said some true statements, not all but some. Look at some of his statements and look at some of the stuff that has happened to the us over the century and it does look like the us has been d**ned

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The country is facing numerous grave problems and somebody is fretting over certain reverend... Sheesh. Time to grow up people.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hope he does, I hope he invites Wright, "Minister" Farrakhan, and Malik Zulu Shabass and the whole gang.

Afterall, it would only turn even more against Obama. The more people that seem him as the Marxist demagogue that he really is the better.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine Rev. Wright being there. If he were it would be no big deal (although I'm sure people would make a big deal of it.) I'm still not convinced that his remarks were all that "crazy" in the first place.

I don't know the context of the comments beyond a few soundbites and I don't really care too much to even hear it. He isn't the only one disappointed with the way this Country has been headed lately.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Afterall, it would only turn even more against Obama.

How did you figure this?

People elected Obama knowing his relationship to all these people. If it didn't offend then before, why now.

Maybe he will invite the whole gang.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The country is facing numerous grave problems and somebody is fretting over certain reverend...

Nobody is fretting....

It is all about curiosity...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Actually he can invite anybody he wants but I know who's name will not be in the list of VIPs, yours or mine.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'd like to see somebody (anybody!) point out something the reverend said that is obviously wrong.

The aids comment was questionable, but there's a lot to it, and everything else is just hard on the publics' ears.
Stuff they don't want to hear, but valid nonetheless.

I'd rather have the reverend as president than the corporate schmuck who disowned the guy for speaking the truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Our country got to where it is cause 'we the people have become stupid followers'. Followers of american idol and all the other idiotic stuff we watch. We have become non thinkers. How could a thinking person elect someone whose friends are so scary as Obamas. As a mom I always told my kids you become like who you hang out with. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,duh..........So go ahead people and make excuses for him and worship him and expect him to part the waters. Go ahead. But guess what he is a mere man and very very limited. Already his cabinet looks thuggish to me and His Change is all 'Old Clinton Camp'. So where is the change?.........................You have been duped and need to open a book, think, turn off tv and fight and pray that America is not doomed with this guy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Considering the various people Obama is bringing together for this Washington block party, I guess the main theme is: "Why can't we all just get along?" as part of his Change agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think people would be upset if Wright did the swearing in.

To answer the question, he should be invited, that would be extremely entertaining.

Heck they should even play the theme song of "The Jeffersons" during the inauguration.

How cool would that be.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I couldn't imagine Rev. Wright being there. If he were it would be no big deal (although I'm sure people would make a big deal of it.) I'm still not convinced that his remarks were all that "crazy" in the first place.

I don't know the context of the comments beyond a few soundbites and I don't really care too much to even hear it. He isn't the only one disappointed with the way this Country has been headed lately.

Being disappointed, and screaming "God Damn America" are two totally different things!!

With Obama's arrogance and lack of character and being true to who he is, it wouldn't surprise me! And yes, I will be furious! But like someone else said perhaps it should happen, so the 'little messiah' can disclose his true colors! He is ignorant, but not to the point he would let anything tarnish his image. After all it's all he's got!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I'd like to see somebody (anybody!) point out something the reverend said that is obviously wrong.

k here you go
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If Obama can include Rick Warren on the right, then why not Rev. Wright on the left? IMO Obama has said he has distanced himself from Wright so he probably wouldn't invite him to participate in the ceremonies, but he may give him tickets to be there.

I wouldn't be angry if Rev. Wright was there or even if he gave the invocation. Rev. Wright is further left than I am, and I believe he is further left than Obama is, but this is supposed to be a free country with freedom of thought and speech and unless Wright shouts "fire" in a crowded theatre I see no reason why he shouldn't be invited.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Let him invite whomever he wants, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, doesn't matter. But I doubt he would let Wright give a speech and risk Wright going off on another "nah nah nah - God .... dayam America" speech.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

The aids comment was questionable, but there's a lot to it, and everything else is just hard on the publics' ears.
Stuff they don't want to hear, but valid nonetheless.

I'd rather have the reverend as president than the corporate schmuck who disowned the guy for speaking the truth.

top topics

join