It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges Ukraine NATO membership, action unlikely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

U.S. urges Ukraine NATO membership, action unlikely

www.alertnet.org

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates will urge NATO allies this week to place Ukraine on a path to alliance membership despite Russian objections and doubts about the former Soviet state's political future.

Alliance leaders are already looking ahead to the next U.S. administration under President-elect Barack Obama, who takes office Jan. 20. That leaves little hope for Bush administration aims to give Ukraine and Georgia a path, known as a membership action plan (MAP), to join NATO this year, analysts said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not too much new here, just the same crap we mostly get. Like how our government wants tug at a sleeping bear more and more until they get a full response.

I wonder why our government just wants to start a MAJOR war with anyone that would deem worthy.God help us all if these "people" can't take our bull crap anymore.

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Rentor]

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Rentor]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think Bush is trying to do a Texas two step all over Obama. Instigate Russia further and let Obama take the heat.

At this point, I don't see the need to urge anything. Bush and company should just get busy packing because Obama is coming to town.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Purely because the more countries in Europe that are a part of NATO is going to be a better "missile defence shield" for the USA than the one the USA wants to build in Europe.

Wolfie

top topics

join