It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain lost five U.S. Navy aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Navy pilot John Sidney McCain III should have never been allowed to graduate from the U.S. Navy flight school. He was a below average student and a lousy pilot. Had his father and grandfather not been famous four star U.S. Navy admirals, McCain III would have never been allowed in the cockpit of a military aircraft.

Some pretty interesting stuff from Vietnam Veterans here....

Vietnam Vets

I found this interesting....

After being periodically slapped around for "three or four days" by his captors who wanted military information, McCain called for an officer on his fourth day of captivity. He told the officer, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." -U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain.

And this....

"McCain had roughly 20 hours in combat," explains Bill Bell, a veteran of Vietnam and former chief of the U.S. Office for POW/MIA Affairs -- the first official U.S. representative in Vietnam since the 1973 fall of Saigon. "Since McCain got 28 medals," Bell continues, "that equals out to about a medal-and-a-half for each hour he spent in combat. There were infantry guys -- grunts on the ground -- who had more than 7,000 hours in combat and I can tell you that there were times and situations where I'm sure a prison cell would have looked pretty good to them by comparison. The question really is how many guys got that number of medals for not being shot down."

I'm sure glad this guy won't be piloting our ship.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Interesting, S & F from me.

Reminds me of the Bushie National Guard thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by md11forever

Thanks md11.

The nepitism was so thick you could cut with a knife. I would bet he didn't get much respect from the men he served with.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaiser Sohse

See, he has been tested, and has the scars to prove it. Although I suspect he was never billed for the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Wow, a thread that ISN'T bashing Obama and instead is actually stating something negative about McCain. What's going on here. HaHa.
Seems like everyone on here is Pro-McCain. Anways.

Wonder if any(or most of) these were him...

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Andre Neves]

join