It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Phenomenon - "Gravity Wave"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
While I think the name they gave it, 'Gravity Wave' is far off of what it could actually be, what do you guys make of it?
www.liveleak.com...

Edit:
Oh, I guess it is a 'gravity wave':
en.wikipedia.org...

I guess these are common? Cool nonetheless..

[edit on 10-11-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

star and flag! hey great find, seriously, this is a phenomenon i had NEVER heard of and i thought i was a super geek on this stuff, i constantly roam around looking for cool stuff like this. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Has been posted on ATS before, but since they're old threads, I'll just cross-reference and leave this open. Let's not duplicate the material, at least:

Here

Here

Thanks for your attention to this.

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this is probably refering to when people see heat coming off of a cement road and you see those waves called heat waves, or potentially gravity waves!:+

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Has been posted on ATS before, but since they're old threads, I'll just cross-reference and leave this open. Let's not duplicate the material, at least:

Here

Here

Thanks for your attention to this.

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

God dangit! liveleak is usually good for that... most of the time when you see something on their 'featured' list front page, it's brand new, just been filmed, and hasn't been posted anywhere else. Guess they're falling behind!! (or me)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Gravity in and of itself is very poorly understood. In the pbs special 'String Theory', the story presenter said a jumper from 10 floors 'SHOULD' leave a crater in the cement five feet deeps and 10 ft wide (approximate). Been awhile since I saw it last. Also, has really nothing to do with weather.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

That was cool, nice Vid

2 lines

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Gravity in and of itself is very poorly understood. In the pbs special 'String Theory', the story presenter said a jumper from 10 floors 'SHOULD' leave a crater in the cement five feet deeps and 10 ft wide (approximate). Been awhile since I saw it last. Also, has really nothing to do with weather.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by jpm1602]

On a side note, this happened not even 20 meters from my building, my roommate heard the thud, it was probably about 20+ stories... just stains on the pavement, no cracks/craters.
Isn't it sort of understood (though loosely) that gravity is BS and it's more of an energy field?

top topics

join