It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - A coverup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Area 51.. The most guarded facility in the United States, only preceded by Fort Knox. I believe Area-51 is a hoax. A coverup. A super massive web of lies and coverups to draw attention from another facility. Area-19.

In Nevada, there is a 34.5Kilovolt(That's alot) wire running through the desert. Abruptly, it stops. It disappears into the ground. Why? Possibly a base. In the middle of Area-19, there's a marker supposedly made by Glenn Seaborg. It says that it marks where Project Faultless was and how deep, and also says you are not to tamper with U.S. Drill sites within 3,300 horizontal feet of the area, and you are not to remove any materials from the area(Dirt, sand, rock, all of that). It also says that nuclear tests were held there from time to time in the past. What am I trying to say?

I think Area-19 is a new top-secret base being made. The explosions: Miners blasting away rock to build. The drill sites: Possible entrances. The wire: A power source. But the thing is, airspace is open and you are free to walk there. I believe this is a first attempt at Anti Advertisement. It's when you make a product, don't release it to the public, and sell it secretly for a higher profit. I believe the Government, after seeing all the attention at Area-51, is building a new base. I think Area-51 is made to draw attention from Area-19. Area-19 could be the true Area-51 we think of.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think this "Area-19" you're thinking of has existed for quite some time. Do you really think our government would do top secret things at a place that everyone knows exists? There are multiple Area-51 type bases, you and I just don't know them. These places are merely smoke screens.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zuriki

The government would not put all their eggs in one basket. There are many secret areas out there, and some are probably in plain sight. Area 51 is a test flight area, just like Edwards AFB.

If the government has alien bodies and craft, they would have it in a secure location, not at Area 51. Area 51 is the smokescreen for the alien claim, and the defense department can truthfully claim there are no aliens or alien craft there.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by prestonposthuma
I think this "Area-19" you're thinking of has existed for quite some time. Do you really think our government would do top secret things at a place that everyone knows exists? There are multiple Area-51 type bases, you and I just don't know them. These places are merely smoke screens.

I half agree with what you just said. Area-51 and Area-19 have both existed probably almost the equal amount of time. The entire Area-51 is not a test flight area, just the base. But what I'm saying is it's like this. The Government might have realized mass secrecy always rises conspiracy theories. If Area-51 did have UFO's, the conspiracy theories would get in the way of their research. So they would move it somewhere inconspicuous, like Area-19. Now I'm not saying they did or will, and I'm not saying Area-51 has UFO's. But I believe something is up there. Why would they have such high amounts of security at Area-51 just to guard up-and-coming technology?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
area 51 was used in the early 1930's to 1971 to test planes and helecopters. they left the base unatended for about 3 years and then moved everything that was in there. there is nothing left. i no this becuase my farther worked there for about a year as that is the longest they keep there staff

if you need any information about area 51 i got it all. contact me on

**personal information removed**

[edit on 2-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
hasn't the best place to hide things always been right in front of everyone?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
and another good place to hide things is in places your citizens are unlikely to visit. The US has quite a large number of international sites that could easily hide black projects.

I think the entire black project scheme has a clear division of labour that changes as required. Some for testing of new flight platforms, some for high energy weapons, some for obtained tech research, some for energy production, some for genetics research. The list is endless, and doing it all in one place, would be impossible to manage from a manpower perspective and a nightmare to maintain compartmental security.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
area 51 was used in the early 1930's to 1971 to test planes and helecopters. they left the base unatended for about 3 years and then moved everything that was in there. there is nothing left. i no this becuase my farther worked there for about a year as that is the longest they keep there staff

if you need any information about area 51 i got it all. contact me on

**personal information removed**

[edit on 2-1-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

Wrong.

its still quite active, I have friends that have been stationed there, not to mention F-117 testing, Tacit Blue, Senior Prom, Red Eagles, Red Hats, Constant Peg, etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would have to say there are dozens if not hundreds of AREA-51 type places around. I would say the good stuff was moved from AREA-51 years ago to other bases.

new topics

top topics

join