It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Morning Of 9/11 Attacks, McCain Immediately Began Making The Case For Iraq War»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
On the morning of the 9/11, just moments after the World Trade Center collapsed from the terrorist strikes, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) went on television and immediately began focusing the nation’s attention on Iraq. In an interview with CBS’ Dan Rather on 9/11, McCain said:

To be honest with you, Dan, I never thought that an operation of this sophistication and size would take place. I just never did. But I don’t think there’s any doubt that there are countries — Iraq, Iran, Libya, North Korea and others — who we know engage in proliferation of — of capabilities and, from time to time, involve themselves in state-sponsored terrorism. But never did we imagine on a scale such as this.

thinkprogress.org...

The next day, on 9/12, McCain reiterated the point in an interview with Chris Matthews. “It isn’t just Afghanistan,” he said, “we’re talking about Syria, Iraq, Iran, perhaps North Korea, Libya and others.”

Just a few weeks later — on Oct. 9, 2001 — McCain narrowed his focus, arguing that Iraq was “obviously” next:

PAULA ZAHN: And as you know, Senator, the U.S. and Great Britain notified the U.N. Security Council yesterday that they reserve the right to strike against other countries in this campaign. What countries are we looking at?

MCCAIN: Well, I think very obviously Iraq is the first country, but there are others — Syria, Iran, the Sudan, who have continued to harbor terrorist organizations and actually assist them.

On Oct. 18, 2001, McCain told David Letterman, “the second phase is Iraq” while linking Iraq to the anthrax attacks. Watch it:

[edit on 4-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think this guy makes Bush look like a real charmer and scholar.
For anyone who reads body language. His is painfull and full of deceit.

I am looking for thie video of him on 911 as the towers were still standing linking the attacks to Iraq and Iran.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Probably because the Bush Administration waswanted Saddam from day one.
O'Neill: Bush planned Iraq invasion before 9/11

(CNN) -- The Bush administration began planning to use U.S. troops to invade Iraq within days after the former Texas governor entered the White House three years ago, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill told CBS News' 60 Minutes.

"From the very beginning, there was a conviction that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," O'Neill told CBS, according to excerpts released Saturday by the network. "For me, the notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap."

For me, the most damning evidence pointing to a conspiracy involving the Bush family and 9-11 is the desire for a 'new pearl harbor' in order to begin their 'Project for a New American Century'...

I don't know beyond a reasonable doubt that the Bush family did anything besides standing idle and allowing 9-11 to happen. That much seems to be in BOLD, at least to me.

Your connection of John McCain to the Bush Family's appetite for Iraq only underscores the fact that electing John McCain would be a de facto Bush term 3.
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Shortly after 911, Bush was know to have said something like:

"Is there a way we can put this on Saddam?"

(From the book: "Circles in the Sand")

It is obvious that Bush used typical Republican fear tactics (and phony intel) to gain support of the American public & congress to go to war.

911 was used as a catapult.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt

It is obvious that Bush used typical Republican fear tactics (and phony intel) to gain support of the American public & congress to go to war.

911 was used as a catapult.

At the very least.....

Btw, where did the other throatyogourt go?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes tired of hearing the bashing,funny they never mention that congress voted on that too,funny how they never mention it

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Congress was duped into it just like the American public was.

Phony intel!

Ivan:

I am a skeptic of the 911 truth movement. However, I hate Bush with a passion. I am counting down the days..... (77) until that putz is gone.

OBAMA 08 !!!

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!!

Massachusetts Voters...

SAVE THE DOGGIES!!!! VOTE YES ON QUESTION 3!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The timing of this post looks like political bait to me.

Thread closed for a couple of days.

If you really want to discuss the topic of this you can do it then (it'll keep).

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join