It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Obama attracts more terrorists/crises than McCain, will you still vote for him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Biden’s Crisis Remarks Reverberate

The campaign of Senator John McCain is trying to capitalize on some potentially ambiguous words from Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, at a Seattle fund-raiser Sunday night. Mr. Biden predicted that Senator Barack Obama, if he is elected president, will quickly face a challenge from some hostile power or terrorist group eager to test the resolve of the rookie chief executive.

Only two weeks left, I suspect McCain eventually will do it if he's very desperate.

George Stephanopoulos: Are you saying that the election is going to trigger an attack and an attack is more likely if Obama gets elected?

Mr. Leiberman: No. But let me make clear, history tells us this — in 1993, the first years of the Clinton administration, al Qaeda hit the World Trade Center with a truck bomb; in 2001, 9/11, the first year of the Bush administration, al Qaeda hit the World Trade Center.

Our government is worried about the Iranians or the terrorists testing a new president. What I’m saying is we need a president on January 20th, 2009, who’s ready to be commander-in-chief on day one. I think by his life experience, by his long service in the Senate, by his passing tests under pressure, by his introduction of the 9/11 Commission and support of the 9/11 legislation, by his support of the Patriot Act and the Wiretapping Act, John McCain is ready to protect the security of the American people. I’m not saying Barack Obama is not prepared. I’m saying John McCain is ready on day one, and that’s what we’re going to need.

I think Leiberman is just trying to be a "polite" guy. Personally, I'm not sure whether Obama will handle this "tests" better than McCain. But Biden might be right, that Obama is considered a rookie and a softy by these groups and they're more eager to test Obama than McCain.

If it's true, will you still vote for him?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

You honestly think that terrorist groups give a *snip* who is in office?

This is the second line.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
McCain cites Biden on Obama's inexperience

"We don't want a president who invites testing from the world at a time when our economy is in crisis and Americans are already fighting in two wars," said Mr. McCain, the Republican presidential nominee.

Apparently McCain has the same idea, yup he finally did it.. in just one day.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
If terrorists "hate us for our freedom", then under Obama we'll have more freedom, so I guess the answer is "yes", terrorists will hate us more.

Bush's answer was to destroy our freedom so the terrorists would no longer have anything to hate about us.

I'll take my chances with Obama, thank you very much.

join