It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell endorses Obama: A Poison Chalice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Colin "My Lai" Powell the man who lied us into the current War in Iraq (And attempted to whitewash the My Lai Massacre) has endorsed Barack Obama, will it be a Poision Chalice to him or will the comming landslide render it meaningless anyway?

Swiftboat anyone?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There isn't enough time for Americans to explore in-depth of the information you posted.

The fact is, McCain has tried to question "who is Barack Obama? Do you trust this man as your next commander in chief?"

An endorsement from a former joint chiefs big-wig answers that question. So many Republicans want to vote for Obama, they just are lingering and waiting to see if others are actually going to admit it.

Well, so far...they are.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

I don't really see how this can be anything other than a good thing for Obama. (not that he really needs it at this point)

Sure Powell's been involved in a some questionable affairs but generally it's my impression that he's a fairly respected man.

The fact that he was an important part of the administration that Obama's spent much of his campaign criticizing says a lot in my opinion...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

The fact that he was an important part of the administration that Obama's spent much of his campaign criticizing says a lot in my opinion...

Actually, what it says is what a hypocrite he is. He was PART of the administration. Get it?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This was pretty predictable if you ask me. The race is almost over and he had yet to endorse McCain and he already basically endorsed Obama’s foreign policy. I personally don’t believe this is a game changer or mind changer. I think it is however an example of how being just a partisan Dem or Rep will not do anymore. An influential Dem endorsed McCain and now a Rep has endorsed Obama. I think this shows how important this race truly is; people are turning their back on their own party because they truly believe this is a turning point in America.

I really commend Powell for the statement he made about Muslim Americans, don’t really care who he endorses but he stated very sensibly why that Republican and Democrat mentality toward non-Christians has lately gone against what America is all about.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a thread exists here. please add some good posts to this thread as it is going south fast.

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think this could be a poison chalice. Although Powell's mistakes were all with the Republicans, they can't complain about them because they were involved. What I think it will look like to some is that Powell is a traitor over race. Many will be Republican, but some swing. What I think happened is that Powell's heart overcame him, because he decided not to run over fears that he would be shot. What I think it does prove is that a man who decided not to run for President over safety over race, is that he thinks your country has overcome light years in 8.

Very strictly IMHO

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So, all the Republicans who led America into this mess are abandoning ship and going to Obama? Was this the plan in the first place?

join