It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boffins unveil life-like robogirl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Im pretty sure I convince it to self terminate!
Either that or go after it's creators.

Honestly I would have thought being that this was a convention they would have had a better model and not some low budget animatronic, Iv seen more realistic handpuppets..

Can it walk? how long before the battery runs out?
Never mind I dont just dont care.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Cyberdyne wasted time on this crappy girl robot.

Check out their real invention : www.cyberdyne.jp...

That exoskeleton is a brilliant invention!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's very like the Simpal doll from that classic Arnie film "The Sixth Day"...

simpal

Creepily similar actually. I think they have lot of work to do before they cross the uncanny valley.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

That is like the first step to an actual Gundam suit. Myself would love to have a suit like that because of my spinal injury. I would love to walk again, even if it is in a suit.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Every now and again, I get this urge to move to Japan. Then, right about the time I really start to get serious I see something like that and decide to wait a little longer.

You just know that the first thing that doll is going toward is someone's sex funk and you just know that you don't want to know. I'm very sorry if this is offensive but that looks like a child from the Special Olympics and besides that having started out as something creepy... pedophilia comes next to mind on where that doll is marketing.
Who knows, maybe it will keep child molesters occupied but more than likely, it really gets around to a nice efficient way to screen them before leading them off to the buying gallery which is actually a well disguised gassing chamber.

Actually, that said and that policy in place, I'm all for this... just so long as we have some good CG or hologram renderings of the guys walking back out afterward so the next sucker will go in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join