It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Software billionaire plans 2nd space station trip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Software billionaire plans 2nd space station trip

www.spaceadventures.com

Space Adventures, the only company that provides human space missions to the world marketplace, announced today that Charles Simonyi, Ph.D., intends to train with the Soyuz TMA-14 crew in preparation for a spring mission to the International Space Station (ISS).

“Having a repeat orbital client demonstrates to the world that participating in a space mission is truly a magnificent and awe-inspiring experience. It is also an excellent example that the marketplace is even larger than previously an
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
McCain Policy: Space Program

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
There are a lot of people out there who says that we are not interested in space. Or they think that we don't have the reason or resources and need to work more on domestic issues. Well If anything this shows that there is a space tourism among the super elite and the money for that industry is leaving this country because we are too pig headed or too caught up in our own ego that we don't allow it.

Now I know that main part of space travel and exploration needs to be done government and driven under a uniform and controlled guise. But isn't there a way that NASA and the government help a private company like Virgin Aerospace to start a space tourism industry and keep that money here in country. Just something to think about.

www.spaceadventures.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That's hilarious, how does a BILLIONAIRE ordering multiple trips "demonstrate that the market place for space trips is bigger than anticipated". I would hardly call ONE BORED BILLIONAIRE a 'marketplace'.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
''Space Adventures, the only company that provides human space missions to the world marketplace''

I like the way they used the word HUMAN.
I wonder is they sell NON_HUMAN trips.

top topics

join