It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Englands Area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
BAE Warton, southern area, clear run out to sea starting on the ribble esturary.

Not just England but the UK, RAF Machrianash, Scotland, well historically anyway!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The only base I can think of anywhere near Manchester is Burtonwood near Warrington which is, as far as I know, abandoned. This is the base where all the American G.Is where stationed during the WW2.
There are some large hangars there which can be seen from the M62 but it could never be described as secret!

I think this thread is a prime example of a practical joke gone wrong!

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yeah I was thinking he meant Burtonwood. Its certainly not very near Manchesters runways though.

Its also now no more scary than a business park with Omega using it as a distribution hub, and some HGV training. It was the largest USAAFB in Europe during WW2, with 1000's of suprisingly tall well built children being born to Warrington mothers circa 1941- testifiying to this

Some of the older hangars can still be seen from the M62 and also a small part of the later laid tarmac runway is still there although the land on the other side of the M62 which was part of the original base is now the Gemini retail park and now has a new town on it also.

It transfered over from the USAAF (USAF) into Army hands after the war and was used as a vast storage facility both above and below ground (Hanover house being the biggest single roofed building at the time in Europe) for gear needed in case the Cold War kicked off big time.

Rumour was that the M62 next to it, and upto lately straight for nearly 2 miles without bridges was an emergency landing site for NATO aircraft in the early days of the Cold War...not too sure myself?

I went a few times with my dad, who occasionally worked on site. Although 'against the rules' they used to turn a blind eye to us filling up with cheap petrol.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Burtonwood has now sadly gone the demo team have demolished it over the last few weeks.
As for secretive bases raf box (rudloe manor) More info here.
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join