It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Chupacabra... now this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this very intriguing. I think that this gives weight to an animal a lot of people think is more of a myth than Bigfoot, the Chupacabra, or Loch Ness.

Interesting.

Unicorn

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It looks more like a kangaroo to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

HA HA.. in a way it does. I am just interested that actual scientists found an animal of this nature. I guess we will just have to wait and see if they get any more pictures to find out if it has a pouch.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yeah, expecting the images very soon, keep us updated.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Okapi is not a Unicorn, and it's not an animal previously unknown to science either. It's more like a giraffe with a short neck and some zebra-like stripes.

The first living okapi was brought in the western world as early as ninety years ago, in 1918, and currently there are several of them in various zoos in Europe and North America. Nobody can possibly think of okapis as unicorns!

However, there is actually an animal that resembles the mythical unicorn as it only has one single "horn", namely monodon monoceros, or narwhal.

[edit on 11.9.2008 by Doc Lithium]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My mistake, but the report made it seem otherwise. I had previously never heard of this animal before. Typical media sensationalism. After reviewing your link, I did a search of the Okapi from Wiki as well. It looks like there were others before that called them the African Unicorn though... and there is a source link through the site as well that gives a lot more info on those referring to it as the African Unicorn. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I guess this thread can be closed.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Twiggie]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Twiggie

i live near chester in england and they have them in our local zoo go on google and search chester zoo they are very weird tho

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Plus a unicorn has to be a HORSE with one horn
Still pretty cool to have such good wild photos of such a rare animal

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
dude...it's a zorse!
lol...there's a whole thing on this animal somewhere else on the site...don't know where though

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I photographed one at the Cincinnati zoo last month. I remember the sign saying that they may have evolved the stripes on their haunches as a visual marker to help their young follow them around.

Oddly enough, my photo looks very similar to the one in the article, with the okapi in the same position.

join