It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do U Know Which Religion Is Right For U........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ever since i was small ive been raised to believe in JESUS and GOD but now that i am older ive been reading about other religons and question myself if my CHRISTAIN CATHOLIC religon is right. Is it wrong to question my religon?How do i know how to choose a religon?what should i do?is any1 else in this situation?

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_O_W
ever since i was small ive been raised to believe in JESUS and GOD but now that i am older ive been reading about other religons and question myself if my CHRISTAIN CATHOLIC religon is right. Is it wrong to question my religon?How do i know how to choose a religon?what should i do?is any1 else in this situation?

My advice: Question absolutely EVERYTHING, without exception. Until you know that it's true, there is no reason to believe anything... unless of course you're afraid that someone's going to PUNISH you for not believing. This fear may be overcome, if you develop enough WILLPOWER to do so. It's upto you though. This is just my suggestion.

Also question why it is that you think that anyone even NEEDS a religion... try thinking outside the box as much as possible. Don't constraint yourself to "Well I must choose a religion, which one?". Try to avoid limiting your choices, as much as you possibly can.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I can certainly believe in a supreme being - but I have to say I don't believe in any organized religion for any reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
catholicism is pretty good. maybe numba one and my reasoning behind this is because i've been to two catholic dances that were awesome. the had full bars and i got totally wasted.

seriously though i raised baptist realized there was a few small problems with the bible and the way my church interpreted it. i checked out quite a few religions.. not even close to all of them there is crap load. i took a coarse in college called religions of the world very interesting.

religion is a social game for ones like prodestants and american christians and money making business as far as i am concerned.

the best is shaminism or rastafarianism or

wait a second NO RELIGION AT ALL

i like the way the native americans approached the whole religion thing

i do believe in god without a doubt and religions, i have found, usually lead people away from god instead of to him.

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
W_O_W,
I've always wondered if it is right for parents to raise their children to believe in the same religion they are in. Think of it this way, because you're taught by your parents to believe in a certain way from the time you enter the world, you are never really given a chance to decide what YOU believe in. I think it would be better if parents didn't force their religion upon their children, that way they have the ability to decide which religion (or no religion) is right for them.

When something is forced upon you from birth, it gets engrained in your consciousness and because of that its sometimes harder to look at other religions/ideas in a positive light, it also doesn't help that most people in that certain religion (it could be any religion though) will chastize you for having such thoughts. Also, you get the guilty conscience if you think of converting to another religion or having no religion at all. Thats all because of being raised that way.

Simply put, the best religion is no religion. But, if you need a "religion" to feel content, follow where your heart leads you - look at them all. My religion is this (I don't call it a religion though): Believe in God; don't let others speak for God (a lot of people really think God is speaking through them to other people, I call it BS); if God needs to speak to you, he will speak only to you - no need to broadcast it to everyone (thats why I think God doesn't speak through people, because if he needed to, he'd speak to everyone personally at the same time, after all, he is God for God's sake! lol); eh, I'll stop now. Anways, that stuff makes sense to me.

Remember, follow your heart, don't listen to what other people say (specifically parents and church leaders - most never seem to tell you to follow your heart, let alone support you on a change of religion or no religion)! Don't listen to my BS especially!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

1) "Raised to believe" = brainwashed or programmed (A majority of religious people are "raised to believe")

2) Not only should you question your religion, you should take it a step further and question the entire story, including "god" himself.

ET3

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Off to BTS with this religion BS

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's a good way to find out.

Pray really hard and ask god to tell you which religion is right. After all this is really important. He wouldn't want you to burn in hell for making the wrong choices would he.

If you don't get an answer, a true answer, then god doesn't exist therefore you don't have to worry about it anymore.

By the way, nothing fails like prayer.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by John bull 1]

The only true religion is the religion that takes you closest to God.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We interrupt your regularly scheduled religion bashing

W_O_W
I've been in the same situation as you are in. Personally I find it incredable that everything is an accident, and that there has to be a creator. Something from nothing doesn't make sense. The universe is to complex to be chance.

What I used to weed out the odd religions was to ask which ones claim that you get to heaven if you do good stuff. If you say enought mumbo-jumbo or feed enough starving kids you will make up for all of your wrong doings. All but one claim this, Christianity.

In short you can never do enough good to reach God. Where is he? What's his phone number? How loud do you have to yell? It won't work. He has to contact you, which is what the Bible is about.

To solve your problem, study, study, study. Same thing you have to do to learn any subject.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Some, IMO, more important questions;

Do you really think one religion is good and another bad, or that any religion is better than another?

Do you really think you need religion?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
some people actually believe in what they practise WOW, so don't let anybody tell you your brainwashed for having faith in jesus.

tv, movies, hate ect are religions too, because to some its all they believe in, and its fine, yet jesus who speaks truth is considered a box of some sort.

if my box was tv, id be a considered a free minded man, but since my box is the same as a famous mans, im stuck.

all you do wow, is ask in private for him to reveal to you himself, and search and study, and if sincere he will show.

just don't let BTS become your box, but think for yourself, and your true self will end up where it belongs.

if someone says ridicule faith and its not you don't do it.

God bless.

top topics

join