It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever seen a chair?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joseph Knecht

I also like 'This is not a Pipe' as it so keenly makes the viewer aware that they are not looking at a 'pipe'...( couldn't find a pic of that)

Thanx for your "recommendations" JK!!
Dali is someone who I admired - his draftmanship was exemplary whilst his imagery was, well, surr eal!!

The "Pipe" picture:

Enjoy!!

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
'ahhh is this one of those "matrix" threads?? there's loads of threads on ATS about defining whats real '

'Matrixing' everything limits your capacity for thought. There is so much more than that film.

Ouspensky in 'Tertium Organum' likened our perceptions of matter to 'dimensions'. An example would be that a rock from a prison is composed of completely different substance than a rock from say.. a schoolhouse. In our LIMITED third dimension viewing: a rock is a rock is a rock.

BUT on a higher canon of thought (or different dimensional perspective) what makes a rock itself is more likened to the experience involved in percieving it and less likened to its organic structure. 'House of Usher' is a good example.

This is not that different from those who believe in a soul or energy, and the physical body that contains it is merely a conduit or bridge. 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' is a good 'physicalized' example of this.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sweet . Thanks for the 'pipe' brother...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
INFINITE -WHAT's UP MY BROTHER - Juggalo

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

MIND is very different from brain, and I think MIND can percieve multidimensionally, or in the least... comprehend it. It seems brain is lost in a world of shadows and reflections.

I couldn't agree more. But how does your mind achieve all that it is capable of? I apologize for having nothing more to add except....

Fury & Infinite: Long time, no see. Fury, your background is cool! Infinite, I love your avatar! Who wants to mess with the hatchetman? Whoop, Whoop!

Edited to add: robertfenix-juggalo? Juggalette right here!

[Edited on 3/19/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
'I couldn't agree more. But how does your mind achieve all that it is capable of?'

For starters, I would say through increasing your awareness.

- Viewing situations from the third person is a way to MIND awareness I believe.

- Looking more into the seemingly mundane.

- Music... especially 'aleatory' in nature

- Visual Art seems to stretch the mind a good bit

- Taking away some things , gives you more insight into others... i.e. kill your television

- Even eating breakfast or brushing your teeth with your opposite hand creates a more 'receptive' atmosphere.

-- These are just a few... There are infinitely many more. But now I'm gonna go do the opposite and tie one on... I do love PARADOX.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well, staying away from the Matrix side of things and sticking with scientific perception, there may be some interesting breakthrough about to be made.

news.bbc.co.uk...

"A scientist says one of the most sought after particles in physics - the Higgs boson - may have been found, but the evidence is still relatively weak.
Peter Renton, of the University of Oxford, says the particle may have been detected by researchers at an atom-smashing facility in Switzerland.
The Higgs boson explains why all other particles have mass and is fundamental to a complete understanding of matter.
The Higgs' importance to the Standard Model has led some to dub it the "God particle".

This discovery would rather screw some of the "we are holograms" theorists. David Icke must be #ting himself.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here is quoted material from the thread "time travels impossible". Some of you may have read this already, I'm sure. I'm posting because it contains a view in regards to the opening post:

I'm starting to believe (more so, after being on this board a little bit) that everyone exists in their OWN dimension. You can call that dimension 'perception' or whatever you like.

Originally posted by Earthscum

I'm pretty sure this same thing has been theorized my may people, including Einstein, Kaku, and the guy in the wheelchair (don't ask why, but I can never remember his name... just his Big Bang theory).

Anyways, time has it's own 3 dimensions. To illustrate this, I'll use the simplest form: XYZ. For the lamen, X is a horizontal path, Y is the vertical path, and Z is the path of depth, or the line that goes from close to you to far away from you.

We are travelling on the Z path... it is, as stated in an earlier post, linear. We go (in our perception) from earlier time to later time. When you go a bit negative on the X axis (left, in visual terms), you are entering a different reality of time, as well as if you were to divert a bit to the positive (or right). Same thing applies to diversions to the positive Y (up) or negative Y (down). Since time is relative, you could travel in a straight line in any direction and have a perceptivly normal timeline, or rather what you would experience would be a normal timeline.... but if you were going in the direction of Ypos and made an immediate jump to a point of time that is in Zneg, you would perceptually be able to notice the changes, because the events that were happenning on the timeline you WERE in wouldn't quite coincide with what is happening in the 'now' timeline that you entered. A larger deviation to the left/right/up/down during your forward path would result in perceptually more awareness of the dimensionality of time because events would have happened/would be happenning in different sequences or whatever from what you were used to.

I believe that time anomolies like this could account for some peoples' (not all, of course...) recollection of doing something during their childhood, having it confirmed, then at a later date having the persons who were thought to be involved saying that "No, that never happened...". I'm sure a majority of people have experienced this in one form or another. As well, Dejavu could also be explained by intersecting occurances of similar timelines... as someone stated before, there is no true paralell. If I remember right, this has to do with something about the perfect shape is that of a sphere, and everything inevitably curves. If time didn't curve, nothing could exist, but I won't get into that... a bit over the top just for the sake of time travel. Basically, a sphere is the best visual representation of true infinity.

So there's a basic explanation of time. BTW, I haven't ever read anything by Einstein, Kaku, or the other guy... my friend always makes reference to them when we start discussing (I theorize, and he tells me of parallell theories by these guys). So, NO LINK FOR YOU! (

top topics

<< 1   >>

join