It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art exhibit angers 9/11 families

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Art exhibit angers 9/11 families

videogames.yahoo.com

A controversial art exhibit on show at this week\'s Leipzig Games Convention in Germany depicts the World Trade Center towers under attack from Space Invaders characters.

The official Games Convention web site describes it as \"an articulated and critical commentary about the current war strategy."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can some people be so distasteful and obscene to do this to such a tragedy like this. This is like making a video game where you're Hitler and you go to concentration camps and kill Jews. Its about the same thing.

videogames.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/23/2008 by bigvig316]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

I am what some people might call, abrasive or maybe, unfeeling, but in my opinion, this is incredibly disrespectful and completely tasteless. I hope someone apologizes to the families of the victims for this travesty.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like it. Whatever your opinion is it's obviously done it's job as art very well.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Germans don't have a problem playing call of duty [- when they killed Germans-]

therefore you should not have any problems with any type of game related with true events.

still another 15 years left for the tragedy to become funny[-South Park..Anyone?-], but i guess it is about time we play it on a video game.

Is it okay to make movies and mass produce t-shirts of the event but not video games?, how many Americans play a pearl harbor video game?

i still don't get you America.

Long Live ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 23-8-2008 by CzErased]

top topics

join