It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Track the Flights of 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hello, everyone. 9/11 isn't really my area of interest but I received this in an email today and wanted to share/get feedback.

Has anyone seen this before?

Track the Flights of 9/11

You click on the menu items to the right and it shows you the planned flight path versus the actual flight path of the four planes. You can also watch the flight paths of the two planes that hit the towers together as well as all four planes.

Does anyone know if this is accurate? To me it appears they are trying to imply 9/11 was an inside job in the fact the flights were so off course that something could have been done but instead the plan was allowed to continue.

This is also the accompanying text I received in the email along with the above link:

I often wonder why air traffic control did not scramble some fighter jets when they saw all of these planes veering off their flight plans at the same time;
9-11 FLIGHT PATHS
I have never seen this before. The two jets that hit the World Trade Center actually crossed paths reroute.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It looks to be pretty accurate.

Regarding the text attached to the e-mail you received:

often wonder why air traffic control did not scramble some fighter jets when they saw all of these planes veering off their flight plans at the same time;
9-11 FLIGHT PATHS
I have never seen this before. The two jets that hit the World Trade Center actually crossed paths reroute.

All four aircraft didn't veer off at the same time. Flight 11 and Flight 175 were the only two aircraft in any given Center's airspace at the same time while they were hijacked.

Flight 11 was hijacked in Boston Center's airspace and then flew into New York Center's airspace. Flight 175 was hijacked while in New York Center's airspace, shortly after leaving Boston's airspace. Flight 77 was hijacked while it was in Indy Center's airspace and Flight 93 was hijacked while in Cleveland Center's airspace.

What the author is trying to imply

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I accidentally pushed the wrong button on the last post, I will finish it here.

What the author is trying to imply is that all four aircraft were hijacked at the same time and all air traffic control facilities knew it and done nothing about it or that ''NORAD stood down.'' Take your pick.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've heard NORAD was on orders to stand down because they were running a simulation of roughly the same scenario... so no one took it seriously until too late.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

That's not true, there was no standdown order. NORAD fighters were off the ground 15 minutes after the FAA notified them that there was a possible hijack.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

The why didnt they stop it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hey, Guys. Thanks so much for your replies. I won't reply much because I know so little about 9/11 conspiracies but I did read everything both of you wrote.

Question: I also heard that not all the flights departed at the same time/on time because some were delayed. Does that interfere with the point the person who made the above program was trying to make? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Because they didn't have enough time.

For example-
The FAA notified NORAD that flight 11 was hijacked at 8:38 a.m. and it crashed at 8:46 a.m., that's eight minutes to scramble, fly the 130 miles to New York, and find the target.

No one knew that flight 11 was going to be a suicide mission into the World Trade Center. Actually, no one knew that flight 11 was going to New York for certain. They just knew that it was headed in that direction.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Question: I also heard that not all the flights departed at the same time/on time because some were delayed. Does that interfere with the point the person who made the above program was trying to make? Thanks.
There were some delays with scheduled and actual departure times. United 93 departed 42 minutes late and was hijacked 48 minutes after flight 11 impacted the World Trade Center.

It's kind of hard to tell, exactly, what the point of the e-mail is.

I would guess that is the typical oversimplification of a complex issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Thank you very much for the reply and taking the time to answer my questions. I was mainly wanting to know if the flight paths depicted on that website were accurate because you really can't trust everything you get in email.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one confused.
It was just an email my mother forwarded to me and I wasn't sure either and thought I would ask here. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

There is a double chicane on the eastbound flight path of flight 77 that has been exaggerated by quite a bit. Here is a PDF link that shows the recorded radar data of all four flights.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So if the first hijacking was a suprise, and they couldn't get there on time you would think by the second, third and fourth they would at least have pilots in the air and in fact within visual contact with the airliners.

One has to ask a question about our military. We had a cold war and supposedly armed to the teeth to fight the giant super power USSR. How is it 10 years after that grave threat had collapsed that we only had a dozen(?) or so planes on the whole east coast of the US ready to respond to a threat? Where is all of our tax money going?

Isn't the failure to stop only 25% of the hijackers (according to the MSM) reason for not only outrage but utter suprise that we were (and are?) so vulnurable to 14 guys with razor blades?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Thank you very much for the reply and taking the time to answer my questions. I was mainly wanting to know if the flight paths depicted on that website were accurate because you really can't trust everything you get in email.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one confused.
It was just an email my mother forwarded to me and I wasn't sure either and thought I would ask here. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Don't be so quick to believe everything a debunker tells you. There's very good reason for that person who sent the email to wonder why no interceptor jets were able to get off the ground during the almost two hours that planes were known to have been hijacked. On any other day, they would've been there within 10-15 minutes.

What the debunkers haven't told you and actually denied is that there were five military exercises being carried out on 9/11. War games that simulated hijacked planes and jets crashing into buildings:

War Games: The Key to a 9/11 USAF Stand Down:

whatreallyhappened.com...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

So if the first hijacking was a suprise, and they couldn't get there on time you would think by the second, third and fourth they would at least have pilots in the air and in fact within visual contact with the airliners.
Here's the problem though, the FAA failed to communicate with the military. NORAD had fighters airborne 15 minutes after they were alerted. Boston Center called NORAD at 8:38 a.m., eight minutes before Flight 11 crashed into the World Trade Center.

The FAA did not alert NORAD about Flight 175 until 9:03 a.m., the same time that it impacted WTC 2.

NORAD wasn't aware of Flight 77 until 9:34 a.m., three minutes before it crashed into the Pentagon and they were not told about Flight 93 before it crashed.

If there is to be any finger-pointing about the lack of interceptions on 9/11, it should be directed at the FAA and not the military.

One has to ask a question about our military. We had a cold war and supposedly armed to the teeth to fight the giant super power USSR. How is it 10 years after that grave threat had collapsed that we only had a dozen(?) or so planes on the whole east coast of the US ready to respond to a threat? Where is all of our tax money going?
There were 14 aircraft at seven air bases on alert. Two in Massachusetts, two in Virginia, four in Florida, two in Texas, two in California, and two in Washington.

Our tax money was going into the Peace Dividend. We went from over 100 aircraft on alert during the Cold War to 14 on 9/11.

Isn't the failure to stop only 25% of the hijackers (according to the MSM) reason for not only outrage but utter suprise that we were (and are?) so vulnurable to 14 guys with razor blades?
Outrage? I guess that would depend on whether or not you believe that we should've been spending money on an old threat that no longer existed (the USSR). And, having more alert fighters may not have been the answer anyway. NORAD was set up to prevent foreign bombers and cruise missiles from entering US airspace, not protecting the airspace from within.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Nice link GoldenFleece, the very first sentence is a lie.

On 9/11 there was no reaction from the USAF as hijacked aircraft flew through US airspace and plowed into buildings.

Why does a movement that calls itself "The Truth Movement" like so much?

That was a rhetorical question, no need to answer.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Don't be so quick to believe everything a debunker tells you.

Thanks for your advice but I assure you I am not. At this point, I am only soaking up information and taking everything all of you say into consideration. Nothing more at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join