It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxim Magazine and 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I want to bring everyone's attention to the September 2001 issue of the men's magazine Maxim. In this issue, of which I unfortunately cannot find my copy anymore
, there was an article called "81 twisted predictions". Here's where I bring 9/11 into it. It was the September 01 issue, so it came out sometime in August as magazine months are usually always a month ahead. One day back in 04 I think, I just happened to pick up the issue and looked at it and saw that one of the "predictions" was for the odds of a terrorist attack happening on U.S. soil. I think they gave low odds, but think about it. A magazine comes out on the shelf in August 2001, gives odds of a terrorist attack, and weeks later, BOOM!! I'm hoping that someone out there will still have this issue or know a way to get a hold of one to verify if my memory is correct. If anything, it reminds me of the old board game advert that supposedly predicted Pearl Harbour.

Here is the cover

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Don't they sell back issues that far back?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Try checking on eBay for that back issue; it's possible that you can order it through a seller on eBay...at least it's worth a try. Another thing you can do is contact Maxim and see about ordering a back -issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowheremen22
. . . one of the "predictions" was for the odds of a terrorist attack happening on U.S. soil. I think they gave low odds, . . .

People interested in statistical aspects of the 9/11 attacks should look at "9/11 A Question of Insurance."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is some interesting stuff there. I'm not surprised that Maxim gave low odds of a terrorist attack on the US. Just look at Iraq. Most people know enough not to mess with Uncle Sam and I bet most people (in the middle east, at least) just go to bed every night praying that Uncle Sam doesn't decide to mess with them.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nowheremen22

There seems to be nowhere to read online, however.....plenty of copies to buy.
This confirms the predictions special you said.

This link is to buy on ebay for $4.

There are loads of back editions for sale good luck .

A brief description from ebay n the item

272-page September 2001 number of MAXIM, with cover photo story on The Sopranos' Jamie-Lynn Sigler. Sofia Vergara is also featured in a photo story.

Subjects of other articles include: Conan O'Brien; MAXIM's Amateur Triage Kit; Greatest Sex Stories Never Told; Wrath of God; odds on 81 twisted predictions; Saddam Hussein's sons; Daunte Culpepper & Darrell Russell.

Text pages are tightly bound and clean. Covers are lightly soiled. Back is substantially scuffed with a mildly worn left edge and creased lower left corner. Front has an address label.

Winning bidder pays $5.00 s&h for priority mail shipping to a US address. For shipping outside the US, buyer pays actual shipping on 1.5 lbs. plus $2.00 handling. Winners of multiple auctions may combine lots to reduce shipping costs. Please browse my eBay store to find more MAXIM back issues.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Actually, I think I'm going to ask one of the sellers if they'll give me a scan of that one page. I mean, hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? But thanks for the advice.

new topics

top topics

join