It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Memorial... When will they build?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is ever-so fastly approaching the "Seven Year Anniversary Of the 9/11 incident." Still to this date is a gapping hole at ground zero, with no memorial for the fallen, no signs of having tribute being paid and respect given by those who always said "We Shall Never Forget!"

No matter the stance one takes with the 9/11 issue, it would seem that something should be done to have closure with such an event. Yet, nothing is being done, no one has stood up within the government [imagine that] to take the initiative to build the final memorial so that the wound can start healing....

...it is seven years later people, despite the differences I think we'd all agree that the hole at ground zero is symbology of the lacking embodiment of America that is seen today. I wonder if the resultant "bathtub" im Manhattan is all that will be forever to remind us of so many souls lost that fateful day.

One last thing, does anyone have any updated information:

a.) What they plan to build design wise
b.) When the memorial and new structure will be built?

I have been out of this information loop I trying to re-educate myself.
The 9/11 forum readers I really wonder you views no matter your stance of this issue.

Thanks ATS....Be nice kids!

[edited spelling 'memorial']

[edit on 22-7-2008 by theability]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Most people have forgotten.... so they go with what the majority don't care about, won't hurt them.

Besides, they are way too busy defending our liberty by destroying Islam.

Give them a break. They'll get to it once they're done making the rest of the world their .... subordinate.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's the Freedom tower, surely?

AFAIK they haven't abandoned it - there are even architects impressions of the finished article. I think they're just finalizing the design and are due to start building in the next year or so.

Weren't they also waiting for the WTC7 replacement to be completed?

[edit on 22-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
It's the Freedom tower, surely?

Weren't they also waiting for the WTC7 replacement to be completed?

As for the Tower I haven't heard anything for quite sometime, like the topic has been avoided on purpose.

next WTC 7 replacement has been done for awhile, seems like they'd have broken ground on the "freedom tower" by now...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Maybe they have no money to build. Maybe they'll try to get tax payers to pay for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
Maybe they have no money to build. Maybe they'll try to get tax payers to pay for it.

Well indeed that is the case, I have researched currently many websites are taking donations to build the memorial of 9/11.

But let me bring this up, Billions [like 2.3 trillion] spent overseas on wars because of this v ery subject, yet America cannot afford to build the memorial???

Private funding has to do it?

Now that is just plain insanity.....

new topics

top topics

join