It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Anchors to Follow Obama's Trek Abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric will be joining Obama as he heads to Europe and the Middle East next week. I can really appreciate Obama's savvy recently. I was thinking how fun it would be to devise strategy for his campaign. It's really a huge game of RISK. LOL

I heard that the McCain camp was complaining because on his last 3 trips, no news anchors went with him. Turns out he didn't invite any. Obama did.

Washington Post

The three network anchors will travel to Europe and the Middle East next week for Barack Obama's trip, adding their high-wattage spotlight to what is already shaping up as a major media extravaganza.

It's weird, but I'm excited about this trip, too. I'll be following it closely.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This trip will be the beginning of the end for the messiah.

The media's fawning over this guy is going to sicken alot of people. I am looking forward to all the media coverage also. It's going to be interesting how the drive-by media tries to cover up all of Obama's gaffes. A flip-flop in Israel is bound to happen. Either he'll anger the Palestinians or he'll anger the Israelis, maybe he'll do both in the same day.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you are exited that the magic negroe is going home? What is exiting about it? Another clueless senator/want-to-be presidant goes where the troops hate him.

If I were still in the military, I would spit on him.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You guys crack me up!

It is a bit of a bold move, RRC. You're right there. Because he could mess up and it would all be on tape. I guess Jesse Jackson didn't get his wish!

Anyway. This is an interesting piece on the possibilities.
CBS Notes 'Blistering Critiques' of 'Liberal Media' from 'Conservative Blogosphere'

Jeff Greenfield acknowledged: “This saturation coverage has already led the conservative blogosphere to offer blistering critiques of a liberal media slavishly treating Obama as a pop star.” But, Greenfield assured anchor Katie Couric, who, along with Brian Williams and Charles Gibson, will accompany Obama, “the sheer presence of media in no way guarantees favorable coverage. In some ways, it makes the possibility of a misstep that much more dangerous.” That prompted a worried Couric to wonder: “What do you think is the biggest potential landmine for him?”
Greenfield insisted: “I think the sight of an American politician being cheered in Europe at this stage would probably be welcomed by most Americans.”
This is a high-stakes game for Obama. He doesn't want to make any mistakes. Certainly, if he does make one, make a statement that causes a problem, it will be a huge one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
yeah saw this last night on some snews show or another. the funniest thing is how mccain's camp is making this out to be some left-wing conspiracy.

top topics

join