It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 What would it take for you to believe the government was not behind it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have watched thread after thread on 9/11 conspiracies and I have seen some good debating. But some of the posters on this site refuse to believe anything on the debunkers side as well the truthers side. So I pose this question to the people who believe the government was behind it, or that no planes hit the towers, no plane crashed in shanksville, no plane hit the pentagon, etc. What would it take to change your mind TODAY. Is there any information that could come out today that would change your mind. I personally do not believe for most of you that anything would change your mind. That no amount of evidence to the contrary would make you think any different. I believe that if the pentagon was to release a video that clearly showed a plane hitting the pentagon, most of you would say it was doctored and not authentic. If there was another independent investigation and they did not come back with the results you wanted you would pass it off as some kind of false investigation. So would there be anything, any kind of evidence contrary to your beliefs that would make you think or change your stance. Actually lets open it up to both side. What would it take for you to believe the so called truthers side too. The thread where another truther changed his mind made me think of this.
NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED TO DEBATE WHETHER OR NOT THERE WAS AN ACTUAL CONSPIRACY BEHIND THAT TRAGIC DAY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS THAT DEAL WITH THAT. SO PLEASE STICK WITH THE TOPIC ON THIS THREAD

[edit on 14-7-2008 by tide88]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well the obvious

releasing everything on that day

which they wont, which leaves to suspicion

then we are where we are just like all the other 9/11 posts

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

As of today. Not of what was done in the past.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

releasing everything on that day

I meant about that day

release all information collected

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ALL videos and documents
pieces of actual plane wreckage
why NORAD failed 18 times that day
why bush claimed to see the first tower hit when the news should that it was already hit
why Building seven collapsed
why they covered the pentagons lawn so quickly
etc...

i keep going on and on..

[edit on 14-7-2008 by SauberBMW]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

there are NO coincedences. Its not a coincedence that I dont trust the Gov't.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
As a start, let's see some of those 80+ videos the FBI confiscated that show whatever hit the Pebtagon.

But 7 years later, I don't expect the government to release any videos, so they shouldn't expect me to believe their pathetic 'Osama bin Laden and 19 Arabs' conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They would have to admit to what they have already covered up and release a report that leaves no anomalies.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"I would need a tape of Bin Laden pissing on the government, while singing "Piss on you", and the government is holding 2 forms of government ID. Also Kofi Annan in the room, and 4 or 5 members of the U.N. Security Council and Condi taking notes AND Saddam Hussein has to be there to confirm his identity."

*Inspired by Dave Chappelle

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There's nothing they can do at this point. Whatever they say would not be believed by me. Even with truth I would be acute on what they were trying to achieve with how they present it. They cannot be trusted until they are out.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It would start with fare media coverage for both sides of the argument. This is key because it would allow everyone, including experts, to realize that there are many questions that need to be answered, and it would make people realize that they aren't kooks for asking questions.

Following that, there would have to be an independent investigation that would include independent experts. Their investigation would have to have the full corporation of the US government, including Bush et al, be given as much money as needed, and have access to all available evidence. This would mean that if the commission asked Bush to testify alone, he would have to, and other such compliances. I would also like for the investigation to be open to the public, and for the public to be able to view all of the evidence.

If an investigation such as this occurred, and proved that the official story was true, I would believe it. I know that this may seem like a high threshold, but I don't think it is too much to ask for there to be an open, independent investigation.

Although the following would satisfy me, I will say that there will always be some doubt in some peoples minds because of the way the situation has been handled for 7 years now. To be honest, it quite understandable. If the cops were accused of letting a bunch of people die, and they destroyed most of the physical evidence, wouldn't you be skeptical? The same is true here.

Even if my scenario were to happen, and the government was found completely innocent of any wrong doing, I still think that they are to blame for the lack of trust they incur. Because of their poor handling of the situation (destroying, losing, or withholding evidence, only giving a small amount of money to the 9-11 commission and commissioners admitting the whole thing was inadequate, the treating of people with questions as treasonous, etc), I can't blame people if they will always have a hard time trusting our government, at least until radical changes are made.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Its too late for that. Ive read and seen enough material now, despite the govts to lie & withhold information that should be freely available, to prove for myself it was a psyop.

new topics

top topics

join