It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your favorite books about 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'll start off with three of my favorites:

The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11:

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213298860&sr=8-1

9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA:

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_title_3

The Terror Conspiracy: Deception, 9/11 and the Loss of Liberty:

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_title_10

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
9/11 Revealed by Ian Henshall is an underrated and often overlooked book on 9/11. It's conclusions are somewhere in between 9/11 Truth & Popular Mechanics.

Here is a little sample:

Flight 77 only had 60 passengers out of 180 possible, only a 30% occupancy.

Also, Eleven out of those were employed by the Pentagon or contractors apparently involved in the Star Wars-linked work, related to the tracking of airborne objects.

Stanley Hall - Director of Program Management for Raytheon, where he helped to develop and build anti-radar technology. He was described as "our dean of electronic warfare."

John Yamnicky Sr. - Engaged in top secret Pentagon work at Veridian Engineering, on air-to-air missile programmes. "He had done a number of black programs - which means top secret," said his son. "We were given no details."

John Sammartino - An engineer for XonTech Inc, whose website says it specializes in software systems for identifying enemy missiles.

Leonard Taylor - A technical manager for XonTech Inc.

Robert Ploger - Worked for twenty years at Lockheed Martin, where he was a manager in the Systems and Software Architecture Department.

Chandler Keller - A lead propulsion engineer and a project manager with Boeing Satellite Systems.

Ruben Ornedo - Also a propulsion engineer with Boeing, although perhaps in a different division.

Dong Lee - Also described as an engineer with Boeing. He is listed in the media but does not appear on the flight manifest.

Robert Penninger - An electrical engineer with BAE Systems, another company with a large presence in the high-tech defence sector.

Wilson Flagg - A US Navy Admiral and Pilot with American Airlines.

So not only did they all work for the government, AND the Pentagon, but they were all specifically involved with Star Wars-linked work, related to the tracking of airborne objects.

That is a pretty big coincidence IMO, there is no obvious explanation for this either, such as a conference they were all attending.

Coincidentally, five key Raytheon executives died on 9-11:

Stanley Hall--Director of Electronic warfare program management (American 77)

Peter Gay--VP of Electronic Systems on special assignment at the El Segundo, CA division office where the Global Hawk UAV remote control system is made (American 11)

Kenneth Waldie--Senior Quality Control Engineer for Electronic Systems (American 11)

David Kovalcin--Senior Mechanical Engineer for Electronic Systems (American 11)

Herbert Homer--Corporate Executive working with the Department of Defense (United 175)

Curiously, the five Raytheon executives chose three of the four doomed jets and all happened to fly on September 11. Have their family members been interviewed? Other co-workers? Defense Department officials?

Raytheon's top people tied to the Global Hawk remote control UAV aircraft systems all died on 9/11 without a grand jury probing their memos, electronic messages, phone records, meeting calendars, visits or calls to Ft. Collins-Loveland airport or testimony related to other related matters.

portland.indymedia.org...

^^^ I got that link from The Terror Conspiracy by Jim Marrs.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markshark4
9/11 Revealed by Ian Henshall is an underrated and often overlooked book on 9/11. It's conclusions are somewhere in between 9/11 Truth & Popular Mechanics.

Raytheon's top people tied to the Global Hawk remote control UAV aircraft systems all died on 9/11 without a grand jury probing their memos, electronic messages, phone records, meeting calendars, visits or calls to Ft. Collins-Loveland airport or testimony related to other related matters.

Interesting that so many Pentagon employees and Raytheon executives who were associated with the Global Hawk remote control systems were on those planes, especially when other government employees were warned not to fly on 9/11. Almost as big of a coincidence as Congressman Larry McDonald being a passenger on KAL 007. 9/11 sure has a lot of oddities, coincidences and anomalies.

Here's a few more interesting titles that I've browsed, but haven't read:

Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil:

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_title_1

The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions And Distortions:

www.amazon.com...=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory:

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_title_4

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Surely, there's more informative books about 9/11.

Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
books.google.com...:// www.google.com/search%3Fhl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF%26sa%3DX%26oi%3Dspell%26resnum%3D0%26ct%3Dresult%26cd%3D1%26q %3D9/11%2Bcommission%2Breport%26spell%3D1&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail

Wow, that was a long link....

Honestly though, I am not sure why people enjoy reading this type of material. It seems that most people already have their minds made up one way or the other. Most of these books are "preaching to the choir" since I would assume that most of their readers already believe what the book has to say. It is such a depressing topic and knowing MORE about how the American people / the world got screwed doesn't really help, in my opinion. To me, books like this would just make me angry and depressed.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All three books [Barbarians inside the Gates] by US Army Colonel Donn de Grand-Pre are a MUST READ!

Some info on the Colonel ...

It had been a long and winding road that led Donn de Grand Pre from the jungle of Burma and China in 1944-45 where he served as an 18 year old radio operator with the 236th Combat Engineers, to his position as the Pentagon's point man for militray sales to the Middle East.

Commissioned in 1950, he served as an infantry troop leader and paratrooper, as well as a combat troop commander and intelligence officer with the 27th Infantry "Wolfhound" Regiment in Korea. He was decorated for valor in combat and seriously wounded in 1953. While recuperating, he graduated cum laud from Dickinson State University (ND), with a degree in political science in 1956. He returned to active duty as the deputy chief of the International Division. Office of the Chief of Research & Development. He also served as Commander of Special Troops for the US Army Reserves.

Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara appointed Colonel Donn de Grand Pre Director Ground Weapons Systems in a newly created office of International Logistics Negotiations in 1967. He and his colleagues were given the mission to negotiate sales contracts with heads of foreign nations for military equipment and weapons systems. They became the world's most successful arms salesmen, with sales totaling nearly 100 billion dollars over a ten-year period.

EVERYBODY and his brother should listen to this interview with him, he personally knows the fighter pilot who shot down Flight 93!

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is a link to many books on the subjects you like. Please check it out, share with your friends. It is updated regularly!

www.4shared.com...

Namasté

chemtrailswitzerland.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Markshark4

You really might want to do some more research into this guy before you start hawking his books.

He claims to have been OSS, a retired Marine, Army and Air Force Colonel and various other things. He also shows up on a few rosters of phony veterans.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Paul Thompson's The Terror Timeline is possibly one of the best books on the subject, and the website has a massive collection of information too.

The Terror Timeline

For some of the Pakistani/ISI (and other connections that aren't often discussed), I recommend Sander Hicks' The Big Wedding

The Big Wedding

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Must read:

Firefight: Inside the Battle to Save the Pentagon on 9/11

Your Government Failed You: Breaking the Cycle of National Security Disasters by Richard A. Clarke

Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror by Richard A. Clarke

Circle in the Sand: Why We Went Back to Iraq by Christian Alfonsi

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Markshark4

Flight 77 only had 60 passengers out of 180 possible, only a 30% occupancy.

Also, Eleven out of those were employed by the Pentagon or contractors apparently involved in the Star Wars-linked work, related to the tracking of airborne objects.

What was 3-year-old Dana Falkenberg involved in? Plotting to kill Dora the Explorer? (yes, she too was killed when flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In the Non-fiction category suggest

"CITY IN THE SKY: The Rise and Fall of the World Trade Center"
by James Glanz & Eric Lipton

Goes into extensive background of the design and construction of the WTC,
shows innovative design and construction techniques used in the building
and the fatal design flaws, particularly in the fireproofing, which lead
to its destruction.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My favourite 9/11 book is "The Pet Goat" as read by G.W. Bush to a class of children on that morning.
It speaks volumes, I reckon.

new topics

top topics

join