It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kingdom Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Artist Peter Rickman is run down by a stoned, two-time loser driving a minivan. He is admitted comatose to Kingdom Hospital, but not before encountering a ghostly figure whose mission is to use him to rid the hospital of malevolence, both human and inhuman, and to free its nine-year old mistress, Mary, from the hospital's haunted halls. When he awakens in an altered state with newfound but not necessarily welcome telepathic powers, Rickman finds he can communicate with the spirits, good and evil, man and beast, inhabiting the hospital. Mrs. Druse, a patient with psychic gifts, is the first to hear the cries of the trapped ghost and attempts to persuade brilliant, eccentric surgeon Dr. Hook to join her quest to identify it. She is opposed in this effort by the hopelessly arrogant and mean-spirited chief neurologist Dr. Stegman, and the ebullient but vacuous hospital administrator, Dr. Jesse James, who is concerned only with the hospital's image.

I have heared mostly negative reviews of it so far but I for one am pretty excited. What do you guys and gals think?

abc.go.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Heard it sucked. ItS about murder....murdering time when you could be watching soemthing else more interesting like THE CHAPELLE SHOW!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have heard that it is a great idea but is destroyed by badly placed comic releif.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
guess we'll see....
I'm a big King fan, but tv and movies sometimes murder his stories....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have never heard of the CHAPELLE SHOW, but I have heard quite good things about Steven King, so I think I will watch it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I watched it last night, and BTW it was not written by S King, it was adapted for TV by him. "Kingdom Hospital of Maine, based on the writings of Eleanor Druse, which inspired
Stephen King to bring the story to ABC as a 13-part miniseries in March 2004"

www.amazon.com...

I did find it interesting that the movie started out by the guy getting run over by a van...same thing that hapened to Stephen King

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I saw it and thought it ROCKED!! I loved the anteater!! I cannot wait to see what evil the anteater is up to!!
It was cool that the anteater was outside the window of the perp in the van.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I saw it and thought it ROCKED!! I loved the anteater!! I cannot wait to see what evil the anteater is up to!!

The anteater is not evil, he is like a guide for the artist, he (the anteater) and the little dead girl want to show the artist what is wrong at the hospital.

new topics

top topics

join