It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they think we're that stupid (are we?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So, lately I've been seeing lot's of ads... STUPID ones...
ads like these:

www.youtube.com...

(oh my god, barf-o-rama.)

I can tell there's plenty of disgust based on the people's comments...
But do CEO's and whoever else comes up with the stupid (GENUINLEY NAUSEATING) advertisements REALLY..... RRREEALLLYY think we're so dull-headed and idiotic that we can't see through the utter cheapness of such a cheesy commercial!?

What's more important: *Are* most people? I realize no one will see this and go away thinking anything more than "Gee, that sounds good!", but do people really see these commercials and not find themselves left with a feeling of utter disgust? It's kind of a slap in the face to speak to me so mockingly about how the world is such a different place, and CHICKEN BISCUITS ARE JUST GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME... Like I'm supposed to be amazed at how our world is so progressive or WHATEVER it is they are trying to get across.

And while I'm on the subject, I also find it insulting that everything is about going green, seeing as NOW it's profitable... how disgusting... and why should I take their word for it anyhow? They would promote polluting if it were able to rake in cash, they really don't give a d**n!!!

Another thing that "grinds my gears", I guess you could say, is that all these dumb ads use the same stupid formulas, and it's sad that I haven't heard MORE people complaining about this... More than anything at all, I am just enraged that they think anyone could be dumb enough to buy into the lieeeeeeeessss...

I just feel like, at the same time, there are plenty of people who do, or they just accept it, and are totally apathetic... It doesn't concern them, much less stick in their craw.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Good rant. I don't mean that as an insult, but a compliment. I too, am annoyed at the obvious in-our-faces money being made and garnered from the application of "green". Follow the money. It's an old, but trustworthy saw. I don't have a problem with people making money on things and ideas that benefit us and other species on this planet. I do have a problem with things I perceive as a fraud, that just take up the green label to sell stuff.

Solar products tick me off. I could outfit my whole small house for about $35,000, with an estimated life of ALL parts of the equipment at about 10-15 years. That's IF a hurricane didn't whip the whole business off into the sea one year. Even if I were committed toward taking the panels down and building protective structures for the rest..... under the best case, I break even costwise. That's a heck of a gamble, to risk breaking even.

I think products are being made with more resilience, better sealed, longer lives, but still ........... we have some passive solar things that save us about $200/month in power bills. We're glad for them and they continue to produce during power outages. Just wish it could be so that we had a viable off-grid power source that was tough enough to be worth the risk.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by the raytownian

Actually this is pretty funny, I have met the kind of people who put together advertisements such as these.

The funny thing is that the people who do stuff like that are extremely stupid in an annoying-cheerleader-way.

It is really like they have never grown up past philosphies tought to them by their favorite boy bands.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Heh... I can't really think of anything too constructive to add to my own angry post.... (Yeah, I was just ranting!)

Either way, I'm glad other people are noticing this sort of thing... It's a shame, but I suppose (at least for people who aren't already brain dead) it really does no harm, other than being really annoying... It is very true that this is how it's always been...

I just still can't fathom how on earth they (regardless of how dumb *they* themselves may be) can ever expect anyone to buy into that mess... Then again, if they continue with it, it must work... Which is probably more upsetting!

Thanks for responses.

new topics

top topics

join