It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the Government is NOT Censoring the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is simple. The tax returns just went out. Obviously, the point of tax returns is that people will spend them, and pump money into the economy. The other night I heard a news report on NBC I think that suggested people save the money. If the government was ever going to ensored the media, wouldn't that be the thing to censor?

[edit on 15-5-2008 by reasonableperson]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Perhaps, but the reason I think the msm is censored is because at one time the war in Iraq, and the resulting killed and wounded was Headline news. Now Nothing.

The Whitehouse knows this war is unpopular thus they censor the bad news
to keep people in the dark about how many of the American bravest and finest are being killed and maimed, physically, mentally and spiritually.

www.cnn.com...

See any news about the war in Iraq or Afghanistan?

And reason, your example is proof of nothing.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonableperson
If the government was ever going to ensored the media, wouldn't that be the thing to censor?

Not really.

A classic tactic to make people think the press is free is to let small things the government doesn't approve of through.

In this way, they lead people to believe the media isn't censored. When and if they do censor the media, people will point to the small things as proof that it doesn't happen, while the large things are getting blocked out.

After all, what's going to be more important to stifle? Someone encouraging people to save their money, when they're sure most people aren't going to do that anyhow, or to cover up chemical weapons use in war?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What about the U.N. sanctions against Iraq after the first Gulf War? Why wasn't that cencsored?

new topics

top topics

join