It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli-US dual citizenship and the USS Liberty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Guys, check out the following article and the first comment made after it.. It's about high ranked officials who have dual US-Israeli citizenship and where there loyalty lies. According to the article, it's usually only with Israel.

Then there is this monster of a comment:

I am a survivor of the deliberate attack on the USS Liberty, June 8, 1967 during the Six Day War. I think dual citizenship has a lot to do with the reason that the surviving crew cannot get the U.S. Government to look at our "War Crimes Report". This is an act by the Israeli Defense Force that has never been investigated by Congress. There was a Naval Board of Inquiry and it was found by that board that the attack was an accident. If you will look on the USS LIberty web site you will find that former Captain Ward Boston who was the counsel for the board has made a statement that he was forced to make the outcome appear to be an accident and that Robert McNamara and LBJ forced him into doing just that. We have not been able to get even a Congressional Investigation into this attack because we are being stopped by those in our government with what I believe to have dual citizenship. Having a high position in our government and maintaining dual citizenship is wrong, and no one should be allowed to do this if they can't give their complete loyality to one country.

www.viewzone.com...

So what do you guys think, is the fact that these high ranking US officials are also Israeli's at odds with their job, working in the best interest of the U.S. citizens?

Please discuss.

Much thanks to RabbitChaser for posting this link in another thread.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This sounds like a HUGE conflict of interest to me. People in high government positions should not have dual citizenship PERIOD.

Would it be acceptable for say the President to be a citizen of Iran as well? Nope

This would also explain why there is such a big coverup about the Liberty or even the Lavon Affair etc.

[edit on 5/14/08 by FredT]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels! This gives them an edge in case anything happens in the US, they can always move to their second country. They probably give that citizenship to leaders in Israel as well. This just angers me! Congress is taking advantage of their jobs and while the people sit blind and think nothing is happening.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I totally agree that dual citizenship is problematic and should be reconsidered. However ( not sure that it is possible) it should be general , to all second citizenships. Anyway this is for US public to decide.
As for Liberty strike - why people bring cover up? US military in Iraq bombed British forces - it is also deliberately? And they are in the same coalition. Mistakes happen. In the heat of war it is possible. In Israeli spy issue (Pollard) still sits in jail despite all the political pressure by Israel and its lobby. But a strike with scores of dead and wounded was unnoticed? This is weird.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I read once that dual-citizenship only makes it difficult to charge someone with a crime if the person also had diplomatic immunity from other than the US. When you attain citizenship here as a resident alien you sign away your rights from the other country 'WHILE IN THE US AND ITS TERRITORIES'. How this would effect the Israelis in this case is difficult to say. Targeting the Liberty in this case might be a case of CIA involvment in its cargo or its ability to be used as a spy platform. In that case, knowing how the Israelis work it was a legitimate target to maintain they're secrecy during a time of war. The ship was in the war zone. Why is not understood and is not reveled in the article. Why the coverup, now that would be the smoking gun.
Zindo

[edit on 5/14/2008 by ZindoDoone]

new topics

top topics

join