It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are our great inventors???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When I was young ,,,im in my mid 50s... we were told that there would be all kinds of new inventions by the year 2000...autos were suppose to be flying.. most major health problems would be cured... etc...etc.. Now when I think about it... here it is 2008... the automobile hasnt changed much.. in fact I like the older models better.. buy I mean the gasoline engine is just as it was when it was first invented.. besides the internet,, I cant think of any great inventions that have moved us further into the future... I dont have anything in my home now.. that we didnt have when I was a kid... except the puter.. and sometimes I wanna throw this damn thing out the window.. (grin) .. whats up?????

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sorry.. I forgot to put a tag on it.. and it ended up in this forum..

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
they all gave up after that guy made sliced bread.... no way to beat that lol

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

besides the internet,, I cant think of any great inventions that have moved us further into the future... I dont have anything in my home now.. that we didnt have when I was a kid

Well, there's the cell phone... If you would have told me decades ago that I'd have a phone in my pocket, I wouldn't have believed you. GPS is another...a car that can give you directions? Also, don't downplay the internet....totally changed our lives.

Still, I get you though...why are we still even using combustable engines, and why haven't we done more manned space travel? We should have vacations to the moon by now....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are many great inventions during your life time such as; computers, internet (which allows everything to be within an arms length), microwaves, cell phones, various electronic hand held devices, etc etc.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Still, I get you though...why are we still even using combustable engines,

because of all the powerful rich people who own the oil companies. they don't allow the means of other powered vehicles. what do you think happened to the electric car? destroyed by the oil companies.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by snookhums]

[edit on 7-5-2008 by snookhums]

new topics

top topics

join