It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Bases In Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have heard from a few sources (not very good ones so I don't put alot of weight on this) and some Internet sites, that the USA government has and is building secret bases in Canada. The United States with a 250-300 million population it's hard to keep anything 100% quiet. So what I have been told is the Canadian government and the USA government cut a secret deal. The United States would be given land and supplies to build bases in northern Canada in exchange the USA would protect Canadas small and under funded military from any threats. Most of Canadas population is on or close to the USA border. Alot of upper Canada, the Northwest Territories and just below it are perfect spots for a secret bases no people around no roads nothing but forest for miles in every direction.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hmmmm. I dont understand why that would be. That is why we have bases in ALASKA

The base I am at is only 4hrs from the Canadian border. And there is tons of land in Alaska that could be used for additional bases if that is what was needed.

However, due to BRAC, I can not foresee additional bases being built around here or in Canada. Canada has a military that works in cooperation with the US often
Their Air Force often trains with ours here
and in fact was here the past 2 weeks for Red Flag

[edit on 6-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 6-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The United States and Canada have had mutual defence agreeements since before I was born. With the US carrying, obviously, the lions share. There really is nothing strange about this.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes, I heard something about this too. You know, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Northern Canada is isolated and desolate that one would never suspect a US base. It's like area 51 up there, only more vast and more secretive.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not to disagree with you...ok I am disagreeing with you.

A base in the tundra of Northern Canada would stick out like a sore thumb. You can see for quite literally miles and miles there. A large military style base is quite large. Not to mention the quarters and support infrastructure required. Roads, fences, and all manner of other assorted things that go along with it.

Secret? Not so much. Restricted? Oh, that I can buy into, big time...but with several large military bases in Alaska, I would question the necessity.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You are correct, there really isnt a necessity. The AF bases here patrol the skies over the Northern West Coast and protect us from say......Russia. LOL

There is just no reason to have a base in Canada. However, im not really a military expert....im just basing it on what I do know - which may not be much

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It wouldn't make strategic sense to build secret or non-secret bases in Canada. THe US already has missles that can launch from Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota and reach a target 6000-8000 miles away. What does Canada offer to make this a military type operation? Perhaps the bases are related to strategic oil reserves in the Alberta tar / oil sands.

Alberta officials say industry invested $24 billion in the tar sands from 1996 to 2002, with $70 billion of additional investment announced through 2020

source

If you are talking about WAY up north like NWT and Yukon then it would not be feasible to build anything under the cloak of secrecy. THe only access is in the winter months when lakes are frozen over. Trucks and equipment would stand out on any satellite image.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Even if they were building secret bases here, it would probably be in tandem with the Canadian military. The upper echelons of both governments share secrets and Canada has had its share of ufo cover ups....although not as much as the USA. Why wouldn't they build a few new secret facilities where no one is around. After all the publication on places like area 51 and Dolce, why not find a new spot. As for there not being any roads or access......when has that ever stopped the secret governments of the world and as for it being tundra and being able to see miles around.....thats what underground bases are for and other than satellite imagery, i doubt anyone would be walking/flying/driving around the area without them knowing about it in advance (just enough time to clean up and hide) To me it would be a perfect place to put a secret underground base.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In tundra and permafrost conditions? Good luck with that...much more trouble than its worth.

Even underground buildings leave traces for those willing to look...

Top secret UFO stuff? Cordon off a section of an island like, oh say, Johnson Atoll, northwest of Hawaii. Isolated, easy to protect...no fuss, no muss. No snoopy people like me, who might decide just for kicks to wander by with cameras. Let's make that Midway Island, a bit larger than Johnson.

No there are much better places to build your average super secret base for the reverse engineering of little green guys convertibles.

[edit on 5/6/2008 by seagull]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well it's not really a secret, but the NORAD base in my city, is expanding. BIG TIME.
www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...
en.wikipedia.org...

Unique Features of 22 Wing

Underground Complex
The underground complex at 22 Wing, affectionately known as "the Hole" is a three-story building underground. Built during the height of the cold war, construction began in August 1959 and was completed four years later after the removal of 300,000 yards (or 765,000 tons) of rock.

Our base is about to merge with another, right here. There will be a new airstrip built, pilots from Canada and the US will be stationed here, as they already are, but will double if not more in number.
I have already seen soldiers from the US doing field exercises near my home , not even on base.

Merging with CFB Cornwall.
www.airforce.forces.gc.ca...

After this was announced earlier this year, this sign was erected outside the base.
Please ignore the 'PREVIEW".

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Lets not forget that with the polar ice cap melting as it is, the northwest passage will be opening up and all the oil sitting under there to be tapped. A huge strategic and economical value. And I would imagine digging into the frozen tundra would be just as hard as rock.....which we do now so whats the big difference?

[edit on 6-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well i live in quebec and one time I was driving over a bridge and on the right side of the bridge there was a huge abandoned area and a small building. I also saw a truck that said U.S ARMY on the side of it. I'm not sure if the U.S army has anything to do with the secret bases but I just thought it was weird when I saw it.

After that time I never saw it there again.

(p.s: I'm not french) (lol)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well I don't think the USA government has many bases in Canada probably just one or 2 max. Maybe they are their for more strategic reasons then anything else, perhaps its a good spot for searching the sky or upper hemisphere? Who knows? But I am pretty sure they are there. There is no way the Canadian government can afford them, someones fitting the bill.

Alot of secret technology is being done in Alaska. I just watched a news report (which was from a news program here in Canada) on youtube about the US military testing weather changeing technology in Alaska. The report brought up some strange documents and presented them to the so called runner of the project, it was funny to watch cause he got so nervous when those papers were pulled out!

new topics

top topics

join