It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Times: For real this time? America in Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Growing up, I was raised in a ultra-religous house. My mother was convinced that we were in the "last days". I always, even at very young age, laughed off these ideas. I thought the whole "Hal Lindsey" crowd and other fundamentalists were whacked out of ther minds.

However, as of late I am starting to actual wonder! Consider what has happened in just that last 4 years...

1. Oil Prices/Energy Crisis (Peak Oil)
2. Economic Depression a REAL possibility
3. Food Crisis/Population Crisis
4. Powerkeg environment cc: global weather patterns
5. China/Tawian/Tibet
6. Middle East: need I say more
7. The dollar worth less than a Canadian Dollar! What hell is going on!
8. Liberals and conservatives are actually starting to see eye-to-eye on how crappy our government is! (A sure sign of the end times).
9. American military "strained" with only 135,000 soliders fielded in Iraq?! (God forbid someone wanted to invade, apparently they could just walk right in the door.)
10. Federal Deficit beyond control
11. Countries like Saudi Arabi, Russia and Brazil holding all the cards because they have all the oil reserves, where does that leave America? A captive consumer to our enemies.
12. etc. etc.

What next. Your thoughts? Is it over for us?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
While I believe in God, I also believe most of organized religion today is designed to lead us away from the truth. One area that seems to be recited over and over is that we need a savior to fix all our problems.

Problems created by men can be solved by men.

You can believe that someone or some thing will save us, but in my opinion that is just cowardice and not stepping up to the plate. If indeed there are forces outside our control, then I'd like to find out just where they are by doing everything in my power on this earth, and only then leaving the rest of it to something else.

Believe that you can make a change. Everything affects everything, you included. Don't give up. Do what you can.

And who's to say that in God's own way, that's how he is working his good will on the world???

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly, knowledge is the only way forward

we need to keep educating our selves and asking questions whenever possible, a lot of situations are down to laziness, if more people stepped up and said "hold on, somethings not right here" then the powers that be would have to listen!

I'm not judging anyone, i am as guilty as everyone else, but the more people i hear talking sense about how corrupt the world is the more i feel ready to ask those questions, as i know i am not alone!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Most of the things you listed up there
has happened over and over again in America. Our history is full of hard times like depression or food crisis, global weather patterns, our military being strained, federal spending. America has a lot of oil we just haven't drilled for it. If everyone starts to run out then America is stocked with tons of oil ready to be tapped. Our history has been stacked against us before and we've come through it. I still have faith in us.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mat 24:3 And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when will these things be? And, What is the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?
Mat 24:4 And answering, Jesus said to them, See that not any lead you astray.
Mat 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am the Christ. And they will cause many to be led astray.
Mat 24:6 But you are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars. See, do not be terrified. For all things must take place, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation will be raised against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines and plagues and earthquakes against many places.
Mat 24:8 But all these are a beginning of throes.

these things ALL MUST first come to pass. why? Because on the next verse Our Savior says this ....

Mat 24:9 Then...

"Then" can be used when talking about a sequence of events or order of things in a sequence:

Put the eggs in first, then put in the flour.

You can have a snack, then go to bed.

One, then two, then three…

In keeping with the context of what is being said this is time based. Denoting that something needs to happen FIRST, THEN something will happen next.

All these things must happen to bring out the end of the age. Why? Because man will only get more wicked and evil to all people and enslave them and I truely believe that God will not allow it to go on any further because He knows we are made from the dust of the earth. He still and always will have mercy and grace to his creation because He knows we are weak.

I believe that eventually all of this will cause a major split between 2 types of people; those that are Christ's and those that are not. To those that are His, Grace (divine influence upon the heart) will be administered to you to keep you from falling.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by realism

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.t

biblecc.com...

knowledge is the beginning of understanding and wisdom is the right application.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Most of the things you listed up there
has happened over and over again in America. Our history is full of hard times like depression or food crisis, global weather patterns, our military being strained, federal spending. America has a lot of oil we just haven't drilled for it. If everyone starts to run out then America is stocked with tons of oil ready to be tapped. Our history has been stacked against us before and we've come through it. I still have faith in us.

I concur; these events have occured in America before; however all at the same time and to such a degree, I think this is unprecedented.

Another point I would like to add to the list, is that to my knowledge, the apparent election-rigging that has taken place as of late (2000 on) is unparreled in our history.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by murkywater

Jesus also states.. I will come like a thief in the night.

Yes all the items listed have happened over and over.

As far as ballot fixing, it's been happening since the begging of time (when organized elections took place)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
People, since the beginning of logic, (or the beginning of religion) loved to talk about "catastrophology" or dooms day. No one ever predicted or said about when the end is going to happen. And i am talking about the end of times and not about the end of a nation or a currency or any other "materrial" stuff. I'm not that much into religion although i consider my self as a Christian. I don't know if Jesus is real. That needs search. But I believe in a greater power that is forming from all the minds of the people who want to believe in a God, any God. Something like a higher energy or so. Also I believe that if God (or Jesus) really exists, HE will not leave us without life. HE will not destroy us or destroy the earth. Even if mankind has the ability to destroy everythink, some will survive and start over again hopefully with the memories of the past, in order not to make the same mistakes again.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

....But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumphet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand." Ezelkiel 33:1-6

www.biblegateway.com...:1-6&version=49

i do understand about crying wolf and many do simply because they misread the times and listen to other's interpretation rather than to read, in its entirety, the source of end-time predictions.

i do however, believe America is on the brink of a financial and social collapse. i do believe America has had her last call. i believe america is the great whore of babaylon.

The Whore's apocalyptic downfall is prophesied to take place in the hands of the beast with seven heads and ten horns. There is much speculation within all religious perspectives on what the Whore and Beast are symbolic of as well as the possible implications for contemporary interpretations.
en.wikipedia.org...

From what i gather just prior to a great judgment comes economic and financial ruin to nations that have forsaken God. history is repeating itself. the past is our future.

top topics

join