It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan and our collective will.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's been a while since I've posted anything so please be patient.

I've been thinking about Titan and Saturn a lot since the Cassini / Huygens mission started sending back images. It's incredibly moving to see such an earthlike object tucked away, secretly growing up right under our collective noses.

I'd like to focus this thread on comparative armchair speculation about Titan based on some of the recent science. Think of it as a resource.

To start things off, I notice a number of anomalous conclusions are being circulated in fairly mainstream media about Titan and what we are now calling the Saturn system. I'm including a few talking points below:

1 Saturn is acknowledged to produce much more heat and radiation than was believed possible. Why isn't this mentioned as having an effect on the climate of Titan and Enceladus?

2 Enceladus is believed to be harboring liquid water beneath a layer of water ice despite having no atmosphere at all. So much energy and heat is present that geysers have proliferated. Theories for warming seem to be focused on Saturn's gravitational pull. If Saturn is heating Enceladus, then it must also be heating Titan.

3 Titan and Venus share similarly thick atmospheres. Venus is recognized as being many factors hotter than it should be do to the "runaway greenhouse gas" effect yet no mention is made of how Titan's atmosphere may be trapping heat to create a more hospitable climate for biological life.

4 How are some of the more esoteric theories, particularly the electric universe model, prepared to address the Titan / Saturn relationship?

My own personal conclusion is fairly simple, although somewhat controversial. Namely, Titan is warmer than we have been led to believe ...maybe much warmer. The implications are staggering. What if we're seeing exactly what we think we're seeing? - oceans of water and dark bands of organic material. What if those oceans and lakes aren't empty?

The best place to hide the truth is in plain sight. The bigger the lie....and so forth.

I'm posting this in the UFO forum because I had what I believe to be visitations when I was 10-13. I posted a thread on the details some years ago. I've also posted on Titan when the Huygens probe conveniently "lost" 50 percent of it's data (roughly 300 images if I recall) to "operator error" during it's landing on Titan.

Much of this information has the "feeling" of being somehow related to my own bizarre experience and communications as a tweener in the late 70's/early 80's. I can't help but think that we're being shown something important and just not getting the big picture. Are WE doing this somehow?

I'm reminded of how Kurt Vonnegut explained the Chinese landing on the moon in "Slapstick".... something to the effect of "without rockets" they willed themselves there.

Please draw your own conclusions and comment away.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blue grass

I've always been very interested in Titan myself. It is indeed something unique. Although it's officially a moon or a sattelite, I feel it's more of a planet.

Everyone seems to talk about exploring the universe, but the way I look at it whe haven't even come close to exploring our own solar system. Sometimes I wish I would be in charge of NASA, and send god knows how many spacecrafts to explore everything.

Anyway... life on Titan... I'd say why not? I feel it meets the criteria to sustain life (not human of course, but small celled life should be possible).

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blue grass

Nice Post BG

Titan has also held a fascination with me for more years than I care to count. There's something about it that really inspires the imagination. I also believe it more than meets the criteria for life. The question is "Will we ever know"?

It's nearly 40 years since NASA put men on the moon and were still non the wiser - just speculative. If that's a template for how NASA will disseminate information in the future, I'm going to be close to 80 before we know anything about Titan. Deflating Really!

Anyone would think they're using their own money to pay for these explorations. It seems the public is funding NASA to keep secrets from them because no one is really holding them accountable, just accepting any old crap they put on the table, and while that remains the case, don't expect anything from these charlatan money grubbers anytime soon.

Keep your speculative glasses close by your armchair!

join