It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BluePrints for new anti-terrorism unit found in trash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I just heard that detailed blueprints for a new anti-terrorism team and the building that was to be constructed were found by a couple in Ottawa Ontario. According to the D.O.D it is not cosidered a security breach due to the fact the plans were of a rejected draft for a new building. I cant wait to hear what the Government says about this one.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I forgot to add its for a new team that will handle all chemical, biological and nuclear attacks if and when they happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Do you have a source link for this, where did you hear it from?
If there is not any material source, I would bet on it being intentional disinformation.
Most things of that nature would not be found in the thrash because it doesn't get put in the public garbage disposal services. Of course, being from Canada, any thing is possable.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Its all over the news as Im watching it right now. As for the link if you could help me out with that Id be eager to share it with you and everyone here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Nice, it still sounds like an intentional leak. Chicken feed if you will. One way or another, people now think they are up to some thing, even if they are not. Probable odds are, that they have already founded such a group.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I heard this story earlier in the day but never got around to posting it. I see we have a few threads on it already.

Here are a few links: (big names covering this)

NY Times
Globe and Mail
CTV
Fox News

Find a set of plans like this in the garbage is strange, but what are the odds that they would be found by some guy at the Rideau Institute.

The Rideau Institute on International Affairs is an independent research and advocacy group based in Ottawa. It provides research, analysis and commentary on public policy issues to decision makers, opinion leaders and the public. It is a federally registered non-profit organization, established in January 2007.

www.rideauinstitute.ca...

They didn't take all the tubes, and now the rest are missing. The government is launching a probe to find out how this mess happened. They say its not really a security risk as they are scrapped plans.

I call BS on this whole story. To me this sounds like a dirty scheme to bust a fake terror plot.

Maybe they wanted somebody to find these tubes? How convenient would it be to nab some "terrorist" with all this information.

It seems like this just all went wrong. Would they really dispose of these plans in such a manner?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The US already has a anti terrorist group. It's called 1st SFOD-D (First Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta),...or 'Delta Force'. I wonder why they need a new one? Did Chuck Norris retire?

Anyway, I assume this was a Army unit?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
yes, it is an army unit that is going to be based at C.F.B. Trenton Ontario. Nothing says major goof-up to get the military hoppin like jack rabbits eh? of course the public is not to jump to any conclusions. What are we supposed to think when something like this happens?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The US has lots of counter terrorist teams for that purpose. SEAL teams, DEVGRU, NEST teams, etc. It could have been a rejected draft to develop a new team maybe (most likely) created by mixing and matching other units that already exist and have the same purpose. They do that sort of stuff all the time.

One thing I know. Classified or not, who ever threw that memo out in the trash instead of destroying it is going to get fired.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more with you about one or more people getting fired over this.

join