It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra? real or hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
While looking at YouTube the other day I came across this.
www.youtube.com...

Really don't know what to make of it. I'll be the first to admit that it's probably a hoax. He seems way to calm about the situation. If it is a hoax though it is really well done and, enjoyable to watch.
What I do like about it is that it is straight forward. It's not blurry; the camera isn't shaking out of control. It's just a UFO and then a Chupacabra hopping down the road.

Does anyone have any info on this? I have not been able to locate any.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I never seen this before. Good find.
I would've ran like a little girl if I saw that.
It looks kinda fake though. At some parts the reflection of the light on the creatures skin seem to have a higher resolution then its surroundings.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Squiddypuff

im calling hoax on this one

it just looks too fake to me

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
it looked good until it ran away, that last jump just looked too... man made.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh yes. Last time I saw a jump like that, it was a Saturday Morning cartoon. And notice how the camera swings and centers RIGHT at the critter.

Not a bad film for someone taking a CGI course. Could use better scriptwriting, though

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
well im not sure.. i would like to belive it was real but the jump looks really strange... unatural almost and it doesnt fit the discription of the chupacabra

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The filmmaker did their research! The way it took a few steps and then did the spectacular leap was exactly the way the Puerto Rico witnesses described the chupacabra during the initial sightings of 1995. They said it could leap over the treetops!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
well, we're talking about a species from another world, i don't see why people would expect it to jump just like a human does. that defies the entire purpose of looking for UFO evidence. but have to say, even for something that crazy, it still looks a bit fishy. should be investigated farther.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't buy it.... I'll admit it freaked me out a bit. That is until it leaped away. It is perfectly reasonable that something otherworldly may be able to jump in a fantastical manner, but it looked cartoonish. I'm not discounting the evidence at hand entirely, but I'm storing it away in the BS folder in my brain for the time being.

As far as Chupacabra in general... I'm a fence sitter.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i cannot see enough resolution to make much of an informed opinion on the alledged creature - BUT the delusion that " emboss " and other toolbar filters provide some sort of image analysis confirms that the clip was produced / etited by a retard

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was expecting a more unnerving video than that! XD Loved it. It looked convincing until that last jump.

I could almost see the little critter going "Wheeeeeeeee!" as it bounded away to infinity and beyond. XD

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
yeah real....real good computer animator! look at his other videos - he's obviously gettin better

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

Yea, I wasn't totally convinced that this video was real and I always have my doubts whenever I see any videos on the internet such as Youtube.

Once the supposed Chupacabra took off at the end of the vid., I was fairly convinced it was only a work of a computer (hoax in my mind).

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This one scared me. I can't tell if it's a hoax or not

[

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MauiStacey

That was another good one. Can't say if they are real or not, but sadly in our modern world even if the real deal came out most people would still think its fake.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy
well im not sure.. i would like to belive it was real but the jump looks really strange... unatural almost and it doesnt fit the discription of the chupacabra

Not true. Chupacabras has been described dosens of times, to have emensive jumping capabilities.

I find it interesting that he accidently sees a UFO, and a chupacabra, even one that seems to just study him, and do a bit of atletic show of.

[edit on 11/3/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The jump is what made it look real to me!
What seemed odd was that when the ufo went to the left, he never tried to find it again!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Certainly not an expert on video, but common sense tells me there is not enough light in the video to cast a shadow of the creature.....

Maybe one of the resident vid experts can 'shed some light' (yes, pun intended ) on this for me.
When using a night-shot style camera, does it pick up the slightest shadow to this point of enhancement?

Yes, I see the moon in the background, but in my mind it does not allow enough light to cast a reflection, based on how dark it appears.

top topics

join