It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Browser to use? (please help)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I’m under Window 2000 since quite a while now, I don’t have the time, the money nor the will to switch to another operating system, as long as I can browse the Internet, send or receive E-Mail, work on some of my software, I’m fine.

Now, since about a year, my Internet Explorer has been hijacked (no longer work), so I went to Netscape 9.0, it work fine, great, no problem.

But since the support of Netscape will end March 1st 2008 (AOL’s decision), Netscape suggest to switch over either “Flock” or “Firefox”.

I don’t know, either of those Web Browser, which one do you suggest me?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I’m not a blogger, so I don’t care if any of these browser have an edge in that area.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I use Firefox, and I love it. I use Firefox addons like "NoScript" for increased security. I think Firefox is the best out there for us PC users. This is MHO.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL
I’m under Window 2000 since quite a while now, I don’t have the time, the money nor the will to switch to another operating system, as long as I can browse the Internet, send or receive E-Mail, work on some of my software, I’m fine.

Fire Fox

Well if you had the time switch....switch to linux its free. They support firefox.
in fact you can get ubuntu on cd mailed to you which you can run on your machine with out install, or you can just double click the install. Linux has gotten
very user friendly over the years.

If its windows only software that your want to run they might work in WINE and or might have an equivalent on linux ie: Micro$oft office = open office
photoshop = gimp ans so on and so on.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm always seeing firefox hyped up wherever i go....Don't get me wrong, firefox is a GREAT browser, one of the top browsers, but when it comes down to it i prefer opera

lots of neat features and stuff i can take advantage of

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
RD, I will give Opea a try, I am downloading it atm. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Firefox is good but Opera is best.

I don't know which browser will work best on your computer, but Opera has many small things that make it my favourite browser:

• Notes
  • Possibility of reopen all the pages from the last session, recovering their history
  • Possibility of creating a search menu item directly from the textbox where we write the text to be searched
  • Torrent client
  • Zoom of the pages
  • Mouse gestures
  • Possibility of adding a spell-checker.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Opera. Most features of Firefox but more secure. Very secure actually. Torrent client in Opera is junk though, other clients are three times as fast.

Oh, and it's the only browser I've tried that can pass the acid 2 test.

[edit on 24/2/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I tried Opera and I really dislike it. I will not be one of the opera crowd, Firefox is still better IMHO.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just did the switch from Netscape (like several users tonight is the last day) to Firofox, so far so good.

I manage to export then import my bookmarks, ouf!

Anyway thanks for your help.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Id have to agree with firefox and or
Opera as someone had mentioned before

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Opera is the best & fastest. It loads websites faster than firefox and Internet Explorer.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyeFAFL

My God, go with Firefox 3. it's the best out there, in my opinion. Try it out, if you don't like it, then dump it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Opera isn't bad but its kind of overrated in terms of security. Firefox with NoScript, Ad-Block Plus, and the Filter updater and you will never look back.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
seeing as how firefox and opera are both manufactured by the same company i dont see where it matters, either way you're set, just dont use IE *shudders*

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I've only experienced IE and FF, but I'm another one for FF, and v3 loads sites just fine for me.

On a side note ...... I run Win2K as well, wouldn't bump it up for nothing !!

@ Xilvius ......... Are you following me?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Are you sure about that?

Opera is made by a private company, Opera Software ASA, a Norwegian company.

It has nothing to do with Firefox.

And I also use IE, without any problems.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
i can assure you, the source code to opera looks almost identicle of that from firefox.

and misfit i was gonna ask you the same thing haha

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Xilvius]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

How did you get access to Opera's source code, isn't Opera a "close-source" (meaning not open-source) application?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would recommend you opera.It is the best browser has
features like mouse gestures and a cool interface which is very easy to use

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I like Firefox 3 but I find myself using avant browser for general surfing. Maxthon is also a good browser.

www.avantbrowser.com...

www.maxthon.com...

new topics

top topics

join