It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet 737 repairs at KPAE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Janet 737s have been visiting Goodrich Aviation at KPAE. Comparing page counts from the FAA I already purchased, it looks like on N5294M is the only 737 that has had it documentation updated. [It is possible the page count record provided by the FAA is wrong.]

Photos of Janet 737s at KPAE:
microvoltradio.com...

Two pages indicating the repairs. Nothing exciting here, but that's how research goes:
www.lazygranch.com...
www.lazygranch.com...

N654BA had an antenna mounted on one of it's windows. From the paperwork, the function of this antenna isn't clear.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Awesome info as usual Gariac!

:-)

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would of expected the 737 to be repaired at Boeing field. Any reason they chose PAE over BFI?

Thanks.

[edit on 22/2/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I bet it was because of all the 'unique' features of the Janet aircraft, such as the communications gear, etc.

I haven't ever heard anyone talk about what the planes are like inside, but I bet they are sweaty, stinky, rundown government-grade crap.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I purchased the FAA records for the whole Janet fleet. The 737s are not very fancy.

N623RA is the most up to date of the Beech aircraft, being mode-s equipped. The Beech have UHF radios using dual-band blade antennas. I need to go back and look if the 737s have mil air. I made a summary of the avionics on the Janets:
www.lazygranch.com...
[I put the nitty gritty in a gif to at least make it take some work for other websites to rip me off. ;-)] Ah, I see the 737s have UHF.

Most ATC (now we're back to the base, not the birds) simulcast on VHF and UHF. Groom Lake tower doesn't do this all the time, presumably to make it harder to find the military frequency, i.e. comsec.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Gariac,

Are there just three 737s or am I only seeing three at a time? It looks like they are flying more and more King Airs and Beechliners as well.

I guess the high gas prices are affecting everyone these days!

new topics

top topics

join