It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of Hollywood "Preparing" the Public?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just watched the trailer for the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and noticed a not-so-subtle shot of a magnetized case reading "ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO". There'd been a lot of speculation as to whether or not this sequel will involve aliens, so I guess this solidifies it.

Now, I've been hearing about the idea of a staged alien invasion being used to centralize the world's military powers. After all, one of the tenets of totalitarianism is to always have an "outside" threat. Once a world government is in place, what will that threat be? Seeing as Steven Spielberg is one of the most powerful people in Hollywood, could he be part of the globalist agenda to start getting people paranoid?

And it's not just Indiana Jones. James Cameron's upcoming 3-D spectacle Avatar has been described as an overly preachy environmental film. Isn't environmentalism supposedly another front to raise taxes and revoke civil liberties? The next National Treasure installment is said to revolve around the discovery of Atlantis. I've also been hearing about the possibility of staged archaeological discoveries (namely Atlantis) as a way to unify the world's religions. And lastly, the logo for the new G.I. Joe film -- a benchmark of American propaganda -- mysteriously omits the signature red, white and blue colour scheme. I might be reaching here, but could it be because soon, there won't be an America? Or perhaps it's to get people to start recognizing them as a global force rather than national?

Hollywood has always played a vital role in the mass conditioning of the public. And if you read between the lines, you can see the warning signs. The media has always been warning us, but we don't recognize it until afterwards. Could these be signs of the globalists' agenda?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I would consider the appearance of scientology to be a way-marker for this, for your information.

p.s; Your passage on world government is an entertaining one - essentially what we're looking at when we consider world-society is an unborn child, one that has no idea of it's surroundings nor it's future.

A world Government could be seen as the birth of that child, if the government is holding strong enough dominance of course.

Now, what we have to do is consider how that newly-born child is thinking, and what the driving forces (or motivations) for that child are.

Erm.. sorry, i'm getting a little carried away here -

It's likely that if an Alien race wanted to enslave humanity PEACEFULLY, as in - subvert it, whilst making it aware of that E.T race's presence; then that Alien Race might want to do something that would make it appear to be... compassionate - as if it were coming to humanity's rescue.

So, Alien Bio-weapons Ahoy!

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
You ask: ' Is Hollywood Preparing the Public ? '

I regard more a case of Hollywood exploiting the public.

As they say: ' First we create the demand .. then we supply to that demand'.

Public imagination has grasped theories such as 'aliens' and 'UFOs', NWO, Atlantis, etc. etc. and appears reluctant to let them go.

The demand was created ( intentionally in some instances) ... and now they're making money supplying to that insatiable demand.

Or .. 'Give 'em what they want '. You'll always make money doing that.

Why not ? When hoola-hoops were the trend, they couldn't produce them fast enough. Those hoops were a money-maker. And it's cyclical .. hoola-hoops (and yo-yos, etc) keep coming back into fashion .. and entire new fortunes are made.

Atlantis has peaked and waned. Every time it wanes, someone 'rediscovers' it and it becomes a popular topic for debate again. Like Hollow Earth theories .. or the Crystal Skulls .. or the 'demonic' theme (think 'Omen' and the Damien movies. Or the re-makes of Amityville, etc. etc.)

If you were a movie producer and the 'college hi-jinks, sex, nudity, swearing, vomiting movie trend had run its course and was no longer making money for you .. you'd look around for the 'next big thing'. Some ambitious junior who wasn't even born the last time Atlantis, Crystal Skulls etc. etc. were in vogue would 'rediscover' them and present them to you as 'sure fire'. As a movie-producer, you're there to make profit. And you realise that an entire new generation of bums-on-seats exists. They'll buy Atlantis and Crystal Skulls and the like with the same awe and enthusiasm as previous generations. You're back in the money again.

It's the same with any product. Few years ago I watched a documentary about the thousands in the Phillipines who live, literally, on massive rubbish dumps. They make their living scrounging old toothpaste tubes, product wrappings, bits of bone and brick, etc. and selling it on to people who in turn earn their living by doing things with it.

The family featured in the documentary lived .. again literally .. in a cardboard box. More correctly, their home was a jumble of cardboard boxes taped and pushed together, 'reinforced' with plastic-tie, etc.

Inside the home lived the wife and two young children. They had beds made of things found on the rubbish tip .. furniture made from plastic bottle cases, etc.

In pride of place was a tv which was huge, compared to the size of this house. It was a virtual shrine and held religious artifacts, some photos, prized consumer items and so on.

The man of the family worked 12 to 14 hours a day sifting through garbage on the smoking rubbish dump in the company of thousands who, like him, supported their families in this way.

The wife was a pretty little thing in her late teens or early 20s. She spoke reasonable English. The children were beautiful little dolls.

The documentary crew were there when the wife returned from doing her family's shopping. The cameras captured her pride as she withdrew from her bags two bottles of Coca Cola ... a tube of Colgate toothpaste .. and a jar of Nescafe.

'Why have you bought these very expensive imported items' asked the documentary team, '... when for the same amount of money, you could have purchased ten times the quantity of staples such as rice, pasta, vegetables ? Your husband worked an entire week to purchase that Coke, Nescafe and toothpaste .. worked the equivalent of at least two Western working-weeks. '

The pretty (and seemingly quite intelligent) woman looked at him. She appeared surprised by the camera-crew's ignorance. Then, like a professor explaining to a group of clueless students, she explained:
'This Colgate is good for our tooths ', she said, ' .. it's full of cal-si-uum. See ? ' and she held up the Colgate to the camera, pointing to the information written on the pack: ' Extra Calcium for dental protection'.

The Nescafe, she said, was 'very good. Very good for when you need to be energetic and feel good. She patted the jar lovingly as she replaced it on the tv-altar.

And the Coke ... well ... did it need explaining? ... was her expression.
Coca Cola is from A-mer-ee-ka. It is the drink of the A-mer-ee-kans ! Said in the manner of someone describing the Elixir of the Gods ! Coca Cola was 'the' status symbol to have sitting on your tv-shrine. It meant you'd made-it. Her family's dream, she said, was to 'go to A-mer-eeka'.

The documentary crew explained to viewers that it was made 'very easy' for these poverty-striken people to obtain a television. They were able to take it home and repay the loan in tiny monthly increments.

But why ? asked the docomentary crew ?

Then it was explained that these wretched families were a good credit risk when it came to tv's. They would go without food in order to retain their tv. Because tv was the only thing that made their lives worthwhile .. provided them with hope that some day, they too would live like those they saw in programmes and commercials. They'd walked away from their rural homes and headed to the cities, believing those cities would provide the lives they craved and satisfy the tv-inspired dreams and ambitions.

The documentary-makers next took us into the offices of someone who worked for Colgate or Coca Cola or whatever .. can't remember.

Anyway, the film-crew asked this man WHY his company was spending millions of dollars each month to advertise expensive Western products (such as Coke, Nescafe, Colgate, etc) to poverty-stricken peasants and garbage-tip workers.

The man smiled and spread his hands expansively. ' We're creating tomorrow's market.' he said, ' Sure, at the moment it's only a small market. But it's growing like you wouldn't believe. We're investing millions now and sure, we're losing compared to the amount of products sold. But in five years .. ten years .. we'll recoup that money a hundred times. '

The film-crew protested that surely this was unethical, considering the poverty rampant in a population that was now dredging foul and rat-infested garbage tips for used toothpaste tubes .. in order to turn hundreds of those tubes into the money it cost to purchase one new tube of Colgates ?

'Hey, it's a market baby ' said the entrenpreneur .. ' They see it on tv .. they want it.'

' But it's still unethical, when what these people need is affordable food and education for their children .. not ridiculously expensive Western products'.

' Business baby .. business ' replied the man in the office ... ' First we create the demand --- then we supply to that demand '.

Demand and supply. Forums and books and magazines and 'ex NASA exposes' creates the interest .. then the demand. Movie producers supply to that demand. The theory of a NWO and aliens and UFOs and other 'conspiracy' issues keeps forums like this in business .. and the interest and demand for 'more' and 'truth' thus created is then just waiting to be exploited -- harvested. Hence, new movies .. box-office hits. Profits. Customers are happy. Producers are happy. And there's a new 'secret' topic to be re-discovered every hour.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'd have to say that I've always known something strange was going on in some of the movies I saw. This is very interesting and makes sense.\
I can't wait to see Idian Jones 4. Thanks a bunch for this great thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Eh, your theory is interesting but, no I don't buy it.

Is Speilberg apart of the globalist agenda? I'm pretty sure he is not. And I don't really understand your pointing out either. Aliens and UFO movies have exsisted ever since the phenomenon first hit it's spike. You could say this theory with a film like Cloverfield, since the film is one huge metaphor of 9/11 and very close 9/11 Imagery, yes you could say that.

But in Indy? Not at all. Spielberg has been fascinated with Aliens and the whole ET business since he was a child. Why do you think his films capture such wonder and amazement that we haven't felt since we were a child.

Theres nothing to it man. It's ok.

new topics

top topics

join