It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jim wilson's article about area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ive been watching tv all day and theres been the same show about Area 51 on 3 different channels....so i gotta ask... they get to a segment on Jim Wison and his article about Area 51 in popular mechanics. I remember reading it i think 97-98? He goes on too say how he went to area 51 and the place was "deserted" it was abandoned there was nobody in Rachel etc etc all his "detective work" he did........

All ive read says the base is bigger and busier then ever, tons of upgrades and construction.....so what was the deal with him? A Total disinfo agent? Lying to sell magazines?

Its kinda funny dont you think?

sorry if this has been discussed to death, i searched and didnt see anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I know I've answered this at least once. Jim Wilson went down Mailbox Road and failed to make a right onto Groom Lake Road. Thus he ended up at the range 61 gate. There is a gate there because Nellis bombs it, not to mention AC103 target practice. You can't see the front gate of Area 51 unless you carefully climb Hawkeye Hill. That should have clued Wilson in that he took the wrong road.

I'll say this again, When they do a documentary about Area 51, the script is written before they ever get out there. They shoot a few days on location, splice in the interviews, and peddle it to the masses. I don't think it would be cost effective to do a real documentary about Groom Lake. That is, do actual research, develop night vision gear to photograph tests, etc. FWIW, the History Channel documentary was probably the best I saw, and only because it had the least BS in it. They didn't expose anything. Still,I can't believe Jonathon Turley or Mark Farmer were happy with the results.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In the case of "Inside Area 51" (first aired by Discovery Channel in December 1997), principal filming was complete when Popular Mechanics magazine published Jim Wilson's egregious article.

The producers decided this was breaking news and an important part of the story. They were wrong.

The production company scrambled to get an interview with Wilson and incorporate his poorly researched efforts into the script but, by this time, it was too late to recall any of the original interview subjects for a rebuttal.

Consequently most viewers, even today, walk away from the show believing the Groom Lake facility has been closed down and abandoned. Nothing could be further from the truth, as subsequent observations have shown in recent years.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And they have shown that show so many times since then, so that "Area 51 has moved to Utah" garbage just will not die!

Shadowhawk, you have more patience than a lot of people!
You have answered that question probably dozens of times

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I saw that was on the other day as well, though I did not notice it was on three different channels.... they are feeding this BS to the public like mad. Im not sure how often they aired this before but it seems like three times a day on three different stations has to be close to a record. They know we are getting closer to disclosure.....a little scared??

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
it was kinda odd that it was on discovery, history and the travel channels within a few hours of each other..... did Popular Mechanics ever print a correction? also did Wilson ever make a statement about being so worng?

Wouldn't a cover story that was an absolute fabrication by an author normally end with the writer being fired and damaging his/her career permantly?????????

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
it was kinda odd that it was on discovery, history and the travel channels within a few hours of each other..... did Popular Mechanics ever print a correction? also did Wilson ever make a statement about being so worng?

Wouldn't a cover story that was an absolute fabrication by an author normally end with the writer being fired and damaging his/her career permantly?????????

Journalists rarely get fired for inaccuracy, and a magazine like PS or PM often has speculative type articles regarding military tech.

It is unfortunately that those same programs keep getting shown, that can be so flagrantly shoddy, and lead to false information that gets repeated infinitum, as a fact, when it is nothing but pulp for a magazine article.

I have seen Shadowhawk on tv before, and I have appeared on a BBC documentary for a cloud seeding program

Even AvWeek is not immune from bad journalism, they have had articals on black programs, that were a step beyond silly.

Its not likely go change anytime soon. Look at all the threads on that Dulce garbage that some kook put out, and everyone believes it without question, even though to this day there is no evidence of any kind of facility there. Just speculation.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by firepilot]

[edit on 28-2-2008 by firepilot]

top topics

join